Join me for Baby Lock’s Sewlebrity Love of Sewing Challenge
Welcome to Baby Lock’s Sewlebrity Love of Sewing Challenge. For the next 12 weeks, twelve sewlebrities will create exciting projects on the Baby Lock Destiny II. I’m kicking off the celebration by sewing a roomy hobo tote. Join the Adventure! Find Your Destiny. Click and watch the video below on how to get started.
Supplies Listing for Hobo Tote
If you’d like to sew along with me, gather a few supplies for the journey!
- Clover’s Trace ‘n Create Hobo Tote Template Set
- Madeira Rayon Thread
- Klasse Embroidery Needles
- Baby Lock Hydro-Hold Stabilizer
- 5/8″ Create-a-Strap or 1″ Create-a-Strap(optional)
- 3/4″ D Rings or Rectangle Rings, four
- Inner-Stabilizers for the tote: 1-1/3 yd. Pellon Peltex and Shape ‘n Create
- Fabrics: 5/8 yd. 44/45″ wide upper tote outer fabric, 1/2 yd. 44/45″ wide lower tote outer fabric, 1-3/4 yd. 44/45″ wide lining, pocket and trim fabric—I chose Riley Blake’s Confetti Cotton Solid, 2/3 yd 44/45″ wide accent fabric for trim and handles, 1-1/3 yd. 20″ fusible interfacing.
- Bag Feet and 3/4″ Magnetic Bag Closure (optional)
Summary of week one of the Sewlebrity Love of Sewing Challenge
January 2: TODAY Nancy Zieman Hobo Tote project kick off. Gather your supplies!
January 4: Amazing details on how to size, duplicate, and position (wait until you see this) embroidery
January 7: Tips on constructing the hobo tote bag
January 10: Special memento feature, including a free downloadable embroidery
Follow The Journey, Create Your Destiny
To find out all the details go to the Sewlebrity Love of Sewing Challenge web site over at BabyLock.com/LoveOfSewingChallenge. You’ll find the schedule of events, a listing of the techniques/projects you’ll learn along with a listing of all 12 sewing, quilting, and embroidery sewlebrities, including Pam Damour and her project up next!
Bye for now,