Nancy’s Absolute Easiest Sewing Techniques
We generally think of two or three different ways to stitch most techniques, yet we generally use just one method. Which one? The absolute easiest way, of course!
This week’s featured online Sewing With Nancy program is the first of a three-part series on The Absolute Easiest Way to Sew.
Use just a few pins for pattern layout.
- Starting with pattern layout, cutting, and marking, learn ways to streamline and improve your sewing skills.
Do sewing darts have you in a dither?
- Learn how to use an index card or sticky notes as the sewing guide for effortless dart stitching, It’s the next Absolute Easiest technique.
- The type of fabric, the width of the seam allowances, and the project dictate the absolute easiest way to add gathers to fabrics. Nancy show’s you four options during this TV episode, plus there are more in the book, The Absolute Easiest Way to Sew.
- When adding elastic to knits, you’ll find this, by far, the simplest way to a sew casing. You’ll be stitching less and enjoying it more.
There’s a secret trick when sewing a casing in sportswear.
- You’ll think to yourself, “Why didn’t I think of that!” (Watch online for the trick.)
All of Nancy’s favorite sewing tips are in one book.
The Absolute Easiest Way to Sew chapters include:
- Sewing Notions
- Sewing Machine Confidence
- Serger Spotlight
- Fabric Facts
- Sewing Basics
- Beyond the Basics
Watch The Absolute Easiest Way to Sew (Part One, Part Two, and Part Three) on Sewing With Nancy online.
For your chance to win a copy of The Absolute Easiest Way to Sew from Nancy’s Notions, leave a comment sharing your most common sewing challenge.
Her comment is: The first thing I would make is the sampler quilt. I love the colors in this one and would try to find the same fabrics. Then, I would try any number of patterns to make quilts for the people going through chemo that don’t have a quilt to snuggle into. Thank you for this opportunity.
Team Nancy Zieman
Nancy Zieman Productions, LLC.