Hope 2 Others Heart Shaped Hat
On Sewing With Nancy, Nancy interviewed Karen Klemp and Jane Krogstad from Hope 2 Others. Karen and her husband Rick founded Hope 2 Others—a non-profit organization with a focus on birthing, new-born resuscitation projects, and survival kits to prevent hypothermia for moms and their babies in Eastern Africa. Watch our Nancy’s Corner interview at NancyZieman.com.
Read more at the Hope 2 Others website.
Karen told Nancy that many babies were dying of hypothermia. When they asked a birthing center, and others, how they could help, they were told that each birthing center, hospital, and clinic delivering babies has a need for blankets, hats, and booties. These basic supplies are needed for mothers to take home and keep their babies warm.
Sew a super-quick heart shaped hat!
- Using a dinner plate, trace a curve at the top edge.
- 1/4″ seam allowance is included.
- Fold fleece, right sides together, and place pattern left edge at fold.
- Cut out hat pattern shape.
- If you open the cut fabric, you’ll find out why this hat is called a Heart Shaped Hat.
- Stitch seam with a 1/4 inch seam allowance.
- Turn right side out and fold up cuff.
Ship or deliver hats to:
Nancy Zieman Productions
211 Corporate Dr., Ste. D
Beaver Dam WI 53916
Thank you to Karen, Rick, and the wonderful volunteers at the Hope 2 Others organization. Their efforts have touched my heart. We hope that you, too, will be inspired to help mothers and babies in need through Hope 2 Others, or in your local communities.
Team Nancy Zieman
Nancy Zieman Productions, LLC.