Announcing The Great Wisconsin Quilt Show 2021 Modern Mini Quilt Challenge Winners
Announcing The Great Wisconsin Quilt Show 2021 Modern Mini Quilt Challenge Winners! Thank you to everyone who helped make this year’s Modern Mini Quilt Challenge a success! View all the mini quilt entries at facebook.com/QuiltShow. The Great Wisconsin Quilt Show and Nancy Zieman Productions’ fifth-annual Modern Mini Quilt Challenge invited participants to stitch a 24-inch square, or smaller, modern mini in fabrics featuring a modern color palette and design. The entries were spectacular!
Here’s a quick review of The Great Wisconsin Quilt Show 2021 Modern Mini Quilt Challenge Complete Entry Rules:
Sew a mini modern quilt to showcase your quilting talents. Submit your entry by emailing a high-resolution image of your quilt to [email protected] by 5 p.m. CST on Friday, May 21, 2021.
- Mini Quilts must be no more than 24-inches square, and may be pieced, appliquéd, mixed or other.
- Mini Quilts must be made from fabrics in a modern color palette and design.
- Mini Quilts must be quilted through 3 layers by hand, by machine or both.
- You may enter ONE modern mini quilt completed within the last year.
- Photo entries must be sent to [email protected]; participants are encouraged to share progress and quilt photos on social media using hashtag #ModernMiniQuiltChallenge.
- Submitted entries will be shared on The Great Wisconsin Quilt Show’s Facebook page throughout the month of May.
- Winners selected by panel of judges and will be announced on May 27, 2021.
- Open to U.S. Residents only.
- Judging takes place May 24-26, 2021.
Grab The Great Wisconsin Quilt Show Modern Mini Quilt Challenge badge and let your friends know about this fun quilt challenge! Visit facebook.com/QuiltShow for details.
View the listing of nearly $3,000 in prize packages from our generous sponsors below, and also at quiltshow.com/modernminiquiltchallenge.com.
View the Gallery of Quilts
Mod Mini Quilt Photos will be hosted by PBS Wisconsin on the public Quilt Show Facebook Page in the 2021 Quilt Show Modern Mini Quilt Challenge album. You may comment and ask questions directly on the photo. Of course, you can always share photos within Facebook, too. You do NOT need to have a Facebook account to enter the challenge. By emailing your photo to the address above, you’re acknowledging and consenting to having the image shared in public online social media venues. Subscribe or “LIKE” the Quilt Show Facebook page to see all the new mini quilt images as they are added. View entries in the photo album.
Congratulations to our winners!
Nearly $3,000 in prize packages! Thank you to our Generous Sponsors.
1st Place — Elizabeth R. AR
- CraftOptics: One set of CraftOptics Magnifying Eyeglasses (including prescription or reader installed); $524 value
2nd Place — Kearstie G. IL
- Ardyth’s Sew-N-Vac Shoppe: Janome New Home model NH40 sewing machine; $500 value
3rd Place — Holly H. IL
- BERNINA: Bernette 05 ACADEMY sewing machine (local Bernina dealers include Bigsby’s Sewing Center, Linda Z’s Sewing Center and NZ Productions LLC); $469 value
4th Place — Marilyn B. IL
- Siesta Silver Jewelry: Siesta Medium Convertible Bangle with Sexy Hexie Center Piece; Sexy Hexie Mini Charm Pendant on a 20” Espiga Necklace; Sexy Hexie Long Wire Earrings; $332 value
5th Place — Robyn G. MO
- Woodland Ridge Retreat: Gift certificate for Woodland Ridge Retreat; $200 value
6th Place — Jacqueline L. NJ
- Clover Needlecraft, Inc.: Prize bundle with Hot Hemmer, Mini Wonder Clips, Magnet Pin Caddy, Snag Repair Needle, Seam Ripper, Finger Presser, 5-in-1 Sliding Gauge, Ultimate Quilt n Stitch Presser Foot, Hera Marker and Fabric Folding Pen; $150 value
7th Place — Sarah L. MD
- Blue Bar Quilts: Three fabric bundles including Kraken bundle from RJR Fabrics (5-1/2-yard cuts), Lil’ Bit of Country bundle from RJR Fabrics (5-1/2-yard cuts) and Snow Day bundle from Art Gallery Fabrics (12 fat quarters); $100 value
8th Place — Charles C. NC
- The Electric Needle: We’ve Gone to Plaid quilt pattern and kit, including instructions and fabric to create a quilt top that finishes 84″ x 84″; $94 value
9th Place — Cassandra B. OH
- Presto Avenue Designs by Claudia Lash: Tagalong Turtle table runner kit, Poppin Out pattern, Presto Links Birdhouse pattern and New Harmony pattern; $85 value
10th Place — Jessica P. IA
- Heirloom Quilting Designs: Joanie’s Quilting Elements book and Background Bonanza how-to DVD plus a kit to make the project from the DVD; $80 value
11th Place — Darla G. CA
- Coats & Clark: Dual Duty XP® All Purpose Thread – 50 spool assortment; $75 value
12th Place — Catherine R. IL
- Nancy Zieman Productions: Exclusive Stitch it! Sisters Dresden Columns Table Runner Bundle Box with The Ultimate Quilt ’n Stitch Presser Foot from Clover by Nancy Zieman Productions; $71 value
13th Place — Katherine D TX
- Stitch it! Sisters: Exclusive Stitch it! Sisters Modern Floating Triangles Wall Hanging Bundle Box with Supersize 5-in-1 Sliding Gauge from Clover by Nancy Zieman Productions; $70 value
14th Place — Jeanne G. OR
- SewBatik: Nuance Gradation Batik with a 1/4-yard cut of all 24 shades that make up the collection’s color wheel; $70 value
15th Place — Laura J. WY
- Dye Candy Fabrics: A bundle of 15 fat quarters from the Alfie Fabric Line by Este MacLeod for Windham Fabrics; $65 value
16th Place — Lori L. IL
- Oliso: M2PRO mini project and travel iron; $64 value
Thank you to our generous sponsors for providing nearly $3,000 in prize packages!
Thank you to everyone who entered a quilt into The Great Wisconsin Quilt Show 2021 Modern Mini Quilt Challenge! View all the amazing Mod Mini entries at facebook.com/QuiltShow.
The Great Wisconsin Quilt Show Modern Mini Quilt Challenge has concluded, but there’s still time to enter your quilts into the 2021 Great Wisconsin Quilt Show Challenges – 100 Years of Art Deco Quilt Challenge, Panel Quilt Challenge and the Kids’ Quilt Challenge for the 2021 online-exclusive, virtual event. Visit QuiltShow.com/QuiltContest for full challenge rules and entry forms.
Related Blog Posts
NEW! Mod Mini Quilted Wall Hanging Tutorial inspired by this year’s Modern Mini Quilt Challenge Badge! Make two complete mod minis with six fat quarters and a little Wonder-Under, Fusible Fleece and our NEW! Mod Mini Quilted Wall Hanging Tutorial!
Team Nancy Zieman
Nancy Zieman Productions. LLC.
Stitch it! Sisters is a production of NZ Productions LLC. Content in this feed is © copyright 2021 by Nancy Zieman Productions, LLC and may not be republished without written permission. You’re welcome to forward the email to a friend or colleague but it’s not okay to add the RSS feed automatically as content on a blog or other website. The FTC requires us to tell you that Nancy Zieman Productions, LLC has provided products by other companies in the course of doing business. The FTC requires us to advise you to take this information into consideration when reading this posting.