No-Hassle Kitchen Towel Topper Sewing Tutorial and NEW! Boutique Wildflower Fabrics
Make our No-Hassle Towel Topper in just two hours with our step-by-step sewing tutorial–below! Finished No-Hassle Towel Topper measures approximately 7-1/2″ x 20″. Sew this super-quick No Hassle Towel Topper with two fat quarters and a coordinating kitchen towel! We’re using NEW! Wildflower Boutique Fabrics! Showcase your kitchen style, or hang this handy towel in your home or RV. You’ll always know where your hand towel is hanging out!
Make Team NZP’s No-Hassle Kitchen Collection Pattern sewing projects for your home. The sewing is streamlined with our easiest-ever sewing steps, and simple pattern shapes made from rectangles and squares.
Watch Stitch it! Sisters Program 106: No-Hassle Towel Topper
Watch the Stitch it! Sisters Program 106: No-Hassle Kitchen Towel Topper video with hosts Deanna Springer and Dana Casey. In this video, the Stitch it! Sisters share step-by-step fabric cutting and sewing techniques for making NZP’s NEW! Kitchen Towel Topper from our NEW! No-Hassle Kitchen Collection Pattern. Plus Classic Timesaving Tips by Nancy Zieman!
Then, head over to ShopNZP.com and purchase our exclusive NEW! No-Hassle Towel Topper Bundle Boxes! The NEW! No-Hassle Towel Topper Bundle Boxes feature NEW! Wildflower Boutique Fabrics by Riley Blake Designs, and our No-Hassle Kitchen Collection Pattern – with Classic Timesaving Tips by Nancy. Each NEW! No-Hassle Towel Topper Bundle Box includes everything you’ll need to make two assorted Potholder Plus’ and four coordinating No-Hassle Towel Toppers—you’ll supply the thread, buttons, and towels.
No-Hassle Towel Topper Sewing Tutorial
Approximate finished size: 7-1/2″ x 20″
No-Hassle Towel Topper Tools & Supplies
- Exclusive NEW! No-Hassle Towel Topper Bundle Box – Pattern included
- I Sew For Fun Heart Shaped Straight Pins
- Clover’s Pin ‘n Stow Magnetic Wrist Pin Cushion and/or I Sew For Fun Heart-Shaped Magnetic Covered Pin Caddy
- Clover’s 7-3/4″ Bordeaux Ultimate Shears
- I Sew For Fun Sew Safe Presser Foot or 1/4″ Quilting Presser Foot
- Quilter’s Starch Savvy
- Clover’s Rotary Cutter and Mat, & Ruler
- Rotary Cutter Pinking Blade
- Schmetz Universal Needle
- Clover’s I Sew For Fun Point 2 Point Turner
- Blue Pen Style Chaco Liner
- Clover’s Hot Hemmer
- Pattern Making Paper
- Clover’s I Sew For Fun Fabric Marking Pen
- Clover’s Buttonhole Cutter
- The Big Jig
- I Sew For Fun Hand-Sewing Needles
- Optional I Sew For Fun Seam Ripper
Pre-shrink two yards of coordinating fabrics by steaming and pressing, and steaming and pressing a second time, and then spray press and starch fabric with June Tailor’s Quilter’s Starch Savvy — press and starch, press and starch.
No-Hassle Kitchen Towel Topper Sewing Tutorial
Prepare Fabrics from the NEW! No-Hassle Towel Topper Bundle Box.
Sew our No-Hassle Kitchen Towel Topper our easiest ever buttonhole sewing techniques, and Classic Timesaving Wrapped Corner Tip Nancy Zieman, and see how using the right tools makes the sewing process enjoyable, even for a beginner!
- To make our No-Hassle Towel Topper, start by tracing the pattern included with the NEW! No-Hassle Kitchen Collection Pattern.
- Trace Towel Topper pattern piece from the NEW! No-Hassle Kitchen Collection Pattern onto Pattern Making Paper.
- From two coordinating fabrics cut 8-1/2″ x 10″ rectangles from Wildflower Boutique Green Fat Quarter Panel.
- Cut two 8-1/2″ x 10″ Rectangles from Pellon Sof-Shape Interfacing.
- Following Pellon’s instructions, press SofShape interfacing to back of fabric rectangles.
- Lay Towel Topper pattern piece onto fabric interfaced rectangles, and trace top curve with a fabric marking pen
- Using a Scissors, carefully cut top curves.
Use a Schmetz Universal needle to stitch side seams.
- Wrap side seams inward.
- Stitch upper seam of towel topper.
- Using Clover’s Hot Hemmer, press up 1/2″ around lower edge.
- Using Clover’s Point 2 Point Tuner, turn towel topper right side out. Smooth out top with the rounded end of Clover’s Point 2 Point Tuner and the pointed end of Clover’s Point 2 Point Tuner for a crisp corner.
- Baste towel top, 1/2″ in from cut edge, and trim away excess towel.
- Fold or pleat towel, as desired. Baste across upper towel edge.
- Insert towel top into towel topper and Pin with I Sew For Fun Heart Shaped Pins.
Use a Big Jig to keep presser foot level, when stitching the many layers together.
- Topstitch towel topper lower edge through all layers, catching towel within seam.
Our easiest-ever buttonhole stitching is made easy with the one-step buttonhole feature on our Baby Lock sewing machine.
- Select a buttonhole stitch, (Squared 04-09 on our Baby Lock sewing machine).
- Mark buttonhole on fabric with Clover’s Chaco Liner.
- Insert button into button holder plate.
- Align presser foot with previously marked buttonhole placement.
- Cut buttonhole open with Clover’s Buttonhole Cutter!
- Machine Stitch button in place, or hand stitch with I Sew For Fun Hand-Sewing Needles or machine stitch button in place.
Sew several of our No-Hassle Towel toppers and change up your kitchen décor in a snap. Or in a button!
Customize Your No-Hassle Towel Topper Color Palette:
Green Wildflower Boutique Fat Quarter Panel
Red Wildflower Boutique Fat Quarter Panel
Shop Elastic, Cotton Webbing, Zippers & More at shopnzp.com
For a chance to be the random winner of a 10 pack of I Sew For Fun Wonder Clips from Clover, please leave a comment below sharing where you’ll hang your Towel Topper!
Clover will give away one 10 pack of I Sew For Fun Wonder Clips to one US resident in the 48 contiguous states. Winner must reply within 30 days to the official giveaway announcement email message sent from Nancy Zieman Productions.
The randomly selected winner of a Seams Right from Clover, from the August 8 and 11 Blog Posts, No-Hassle Napkins Sewing Tutorial and NEW! Boutique Wildflower Fabrics and No-Hassle Table Topper Sewing Tutorial and NEW! Wildflower Boutique Fabrics, is Corrine K. Schlomer.
Her comment is: My favorite color choice is the teal. I would make dinner size napkins because the large size is fun to fold and very dramatic for a table setting!
Team Nancy Zieman
Nancy Zieman Productions. LLC.
Stitch it! Sisters is a production of NZ Productions LLC. Content in this feed is © copyright 2020 by Nancy Zieman Productions, LLC and may not be republished without written permission. You’re welcome to forward the email to a friend or colleague but it’s not okay to add the RSS feed automatically as content on a blog or other website. The FTC requires us to tell you that Nancy Zieman Productions, LLC has provided products by other companies in the course of doing business. The FTC requires us to advise you to take this information into consideration when reading this posting.