Kitchen Towel Topper Tutorial
Stitch a quick gift for you and/or a friend! This super-easy Free Kitchen Towel Topper Printable Pattern, with envelope-style closure, is a breeze to make with our free sewing tutorial and printable pattern! You’ll love to keep this practical, yet pretty, cotton towel close at hand.
Finished Size: approximately 6 1/4″ wide x 18″ long
1/4 yd. or 8-1/2″ x 11″ fabric scrap, Fabric A (We used Nancy’s Farmhouse Floral Blue Shiplap Fabric.)
1/4 yd. or 8-1/2″ x 11″ fabric scrap, Fabric B (We used Nancy’s Farmhouse Floral Cream Floral Fabric.)
1/4 yd. Fusible Interfacing
One cotton or linen kitchen towel, pre-washed
One 3/4″ Button
All seam allowances are 1/2″.
1. Prepare towel.
- Fold towel in half and press.
- Cut towel on pressed line, using rotary cutter tools. Save top of towel for making a second one!
3. Prepare fabrics for towel topper.
- Use the Free Kitchen Towel Topper Printable Pattern, and cut one each from Fabric A and Fabric B.
- Cut 2 layers of Fusible Interfacing.
- Following manufacturer’s instructions, press interfacing to wrong sides of Fabric A and Fabric B pieces.
- Place Fabric A and Fabric B right sides together. Stitch lower left seam and upper right angled seam.
- Wrap seam allowances towards center and stitch top left and lower right seam, stitching through folded fabric seams.
- Trim away excess fabric at seams.
- Turn topper right side out and press.
- Use a Buttonhole Cutter, to cut opening for button.
- Create pleats, at towel top, as desired. Pin. Press. Remove Pins.
- Turn under and press 1/2″ seam allowance at opening of lower towel topper.
- Insert towel into the topper.
- Topstitch topper to towel.
7. Finish the topper.
- Fold envelope towel topper forward.
- Button the topper.
For a chance to be the random winner of a Farmhouse Floral Fat Quarter Pack, please leave a comment below sharing what projects you’d like to sew from Nancy’s Newest Farmhouse Floral Fat Quarter Pack.
Be sure to check out the 2018 Modern Mini Quilt Challenge!
Team Nancy Zieman
Nancy Zieman Productions, LLC.