2019 Table Runner Sewing Round Up and Table Runner Sewing Challenge
You’re invited to participate in the 2019 Nancy Zieman Productions Table Runner Sewing Challenge, taking place October 1–29, 2019! Join the NZP Table Runner Sewing Challenge by stitching a table runner and showcasing your sewing and quilting talents. Table runner entries may be any color palette, feature any sewing, quilting, or machine embroidery techniques, and must be a size that fits on a kitchen or dining table—use your imagination! Enter one table runner that has been sewn within the last year and has not been entered into a previous Nancy Zieman Productions Table Runner Sewing Challenge. All challenge details are listed near the bottom of this posting. You could win a prize from one of our generous 2019 Table Runner Sewing Challenge Sponsors!
Join the 2019 Nancy Zieman Productions Fall Table Runner Sewing Challenge!
2019 Table Runner Sewing Tutorials Round Up by Nancy Zieman Productions
Hexagon Hit & Miss Table Runner
At first glance, this table runner looks like it’s pieced with traditional hexagons. Not so with this speedy column quilt design. The hexagon shapes are created with two halves, eliminating the intersection of three seams, otherwise known as Y-seams. With this technique, faux hexagon halves are stitched in columns with relative speed and ease. Plus, the results are dramatic with Nancy’s Hit & Miss Table Runner Tutorial.
Make a nontraditional Dresden plate. No round shapes here—the wedge-shapes of the Dresden are stitched, well … topsy-turvy, to create a linear look. This finished table runner is approximately 18″ x 86″. You could shorten or lengthen depending upon your table size. See how easy it is to make the Topsy-Turvy Table Runner.
No-Hassle Triangles Table Runner
Many of you have commented on the ease of creating triangles with the No-Hassle Triangles Gauge and wanted additional projects. We’re confident you’ll add the No-Hassle Triangles Table Runner to your to-do list. Made in the same style as the projects featured in Nancy’s Quick Column Quilts, triangle blocks plus column strips make for a fast, easy, and no-hassle assembly of this 21″ x 56-1/2″ No-Hassle Triangles Table Runner.
Festive Fall Table Runner
You may recognize this next table runner tutorial from our 2018 NZP Fall Table Runner Challenge. Featured is the Box Quilt Block, which dates back to 1898. Each 12-1/2″ block is made with eight half-square triangles and a center square. Streamline the piecing process by using the No-Hassle Triangles Gauge.
Dresden Melody Table Runner
Think outside the traditional patchwork world and use a multisized Dresden template to add a modern twist to a tried ‘n true design. We call it the Dresden Melody with five half-Dresden plate designs that seem to flow melodically together. The finished Dresden Melody Table Runner measures 28″ x 82″.
Heartbeat Table Runner
No matter the size—table runner to king quilt—you can sew a quick column quilt in a heartbeat! Colorful accent strips in a variety of widths make up the heartbeat pattern, while the subdued one-color strips add a perfect background for the design. In Quick Column Quilts you’ll watch Nancy stitch a queen-sized quilt. In this blog posting, we’ve scaled down the design for this Heartbeat Table Runner size, 24″ x 57″.
Here’s a table runner that you can easily create in 2-hours—our kind of home décor project! Renaissance Ribbons, Silk Dupioni, and a little thread are all you’ll need. The ribbon is the unifying element in this design. The Silk and Ribbon Table Runner is a super-fast sewing project!
FREE! Afternoon Picnic Table Runner Tutorial!
This NEW! Puzzling Parallelogram Patchwork Table Runner, by Team NZP, goes together in an afternoon of sewing and features twelve 6″ modified 1/4-square triangle quilt blocks—all made from just three fat quarters, and a fourth fat quarter for binding. This design looks complicated, but is truly easy to make and is a great project for beginning quilters. The finished size of this table runner is approximately 12-1/2″ x 36-1/2″.
Over $700 in prizes! Thank you to our generous 2019 Fall Table Runner Challenge Sponsors!
- Clover-USA: Iron Finger, Point 2 Point Turner, Hot Hemmer, Hold it Precision Stiletto, Hot Ruler, Roll & Press, Wonder Clips (10pc/Asst) and Bordeaux Ultimate Scissors 130. A $154 value
- Riley Blake Designs: 10″ Stacker—Painter’s Pallet by Joy Studio, 2 x 5″ Stackers—In the Meadow by Keera Job, Riley Blake Designs Spray Mister Bottle, 9.5″ Cute Cuts Trim It Ruler by Lori Holt of Bee in my Bonnet, 1 Pack Lauren Nash Washi Tape, 4″ Magnetic Pin Bowl by Pleasant Home. A $110 value
- June Tailor: Quilt As You Go Wine Totes—3 pack, Quilt As You Go Pillow Cover—3 pack, Quilt As You Go Tree Skirt—one pack, Quilt As You Go Placemat—Venice Pattern, Quilt As You Go Table Runner—Venice Pattern and Starch Savvy, 16 ounce trigger. An $80 value
- Nancy Zieman Productions: NEW! Afternoon Picnic Fat Quarter Pack and Afternoon Picnic Quilt Pattern. A $72 value
- Stitch it! Sisters: NEW! Modern Floating Triangles Wall Hanging/Table Runner Bundle. Including: NEW! Modern Floating Triangles Wall Hanging/Table Runner Pattern, Riley Blake Cotton Fabrics and Clover’s Ultimate Quilt ’n Stitch Presser Foot by Nancy Zieman. A $62 value
- Sewing With Nancy: Five Random Winners of Nancy Zieman The Rest of the Story—A Memoir of Faith, Family, and Friends Book with DVD by Richard Zieman. A $24.95 value (each)
Enter the Nancy Zieman Productions Fall Table Runner Sewing Challenge today!
- Join the 2019 NZP Table Runner Sewing Challenge by stitching a table runner and showcasing your sewing and quilting talents. Table runner entries may be any color palette, feature any sewing, quilting, or machine embroidery techniques, and must be a size that fits on a kitchen or dining table—use your imagination!
- Enter one table runner that has been sewn within the last year and has not been entered into a previous Nancy Zieman Productions Table Runner Sewing Challenge.
- How to enter: Send one high-resolution image of your table runner to [email protected] by 5 p.m. CT on Tuesday, October 22, 2019. Include your full name, hometown, and a sentence or two about your table runner.
- All table runner entries will be judged, and winning quilts will receive a prize from our generous sponsors! Explore the full list of prizes, totaling over $700 (see above).
- Winners will be announced, here at the NZP Blog, on October 29, 2019.
Share your progress on social media throughout the challenge by using #NZPTableRunner2019! The NZP Team will post winning entries on October 29—right here at the NZP Blog. Be sure to sign up for enews updates from the NZP Team.
Nancy Zieman Productions Giveaway!
For a chance to be the random winner of a No-Hassle Triangles Gauge by Nancy Zieman Productions for Clover, please leave a comment below, or comment on the October 1 Table Runner Sewing Challenge Kickoff Posting sharing your thoughts and interest in joining the 2019 Nancy Zieman Productions Table Runner Sewing Challenge!
All youth, age 15 and under, are invited to participate in the NEW! 2019 I Sew For Fun Kids’ Sewing Challenge! Enter the challenge by purchasing the Official 2019 I Sew For Fun Kids’ Sewing Challenge Cinch Sack Kit, at the NEW! NZP Shop. Quantities are limited! Find challenge details in the September 30th NZP Blog Posting.
Show us What You’re Making! We love to hear from you, so whether you’ve tried one of Nancy’s Sewing Patterns, or you’re planning on stitching a project you’ve seen on Sewing With Nancy or on The Nancy Zieman Productions Blog, share your experiences and photos with us on Facebook or Instagram!
Team Nancy Zieman
Nancy Zieman Productions, LLC.