The Absolute Easiest Way to Sew Part Two on The Best of Sewing With Nancy
Collars are so easy to sew that even a first time stitcher will have success! Learn Nancy Zieman’s “Absolute Easiest Way” to sew collars, corners, and sleeves!
The Absolute Easiest Way to Sew Collars
- Interface the collars: Cut out two collar shapes from Pellon Sof-Shape Interfacing, and fuse one to the wrong side of upper collar, and one to wrong side of under collar.
- Meet collars right sides together. Stitch outer collar seam.
- Grade seam, trimming under collar seam allowance narrower than the upper collar, with Bordeaux Ultimate Scissors.
- Press seam flat; then press toward under collar.
- Understitch, stitching seam allowance to the under collar: We like to use a multi-stitch zigzag. Or, you could use a straight stitch.
- Fold collar along first stitching line, right sides together. Meet collar front edges. Notice outer collar seam allowance is already graded (trimmed) and completely understitched. Nancy’s wrapped-corner sewing technique is what makes this The Absolute Easiest Way to Sew Collars!
- Stitch both collar front seams.
- Grade seam allowances, and angle cut corners.
- Turn collar right side out and press. That’s it!
Watch The Absolute Easiest Way to Sew (Part One, Part Two, and Part Three) on Sewing With Nancy online.
Shop Elastic, Cotton Webbing, Zippers & More at shopnzp.com
Shop Rotary Cutting Tools & Sewing Shears at shopnzp.com
Shop Pellon Interfacing & Batting at shopnzp.com
Team Nancy Zieman
Nancy Zieman Productions. LLC.
Stitch it! Sisters is a production of NZ Productions LLC. Content in this feed is © copyright 2020 by Nancy Zieman Productions, LLC and may not be republished without written permission. You’re welcome to forward the email to a friend or colleague but it’s not okay to add the RSS feed automatically as content on a blog or other website. The FTC requires us to tell you that Nancy Zieman Productions, LLC has provided products by other companies in the course of doing business. The FTC requires us to advise you to take this information into consideration when reading this posting.