The Absolute Easiest Way to Sew Part Two on Sewing With Nancy
Collars are so easy to sew that even a first time stitcher will have success! Learn Nancy Zieman’s “hands-down easiest way” to sew collars, corners, and sleeves.
The Absolute Easiest Way to Sew Collars
- Interface the collars: Cut out two collar shapes from lightweight fusible interfacing and fuse one to the wrong side of upper collar, and one to wrong side of under collar.
- Meet collars right sides together. Stitch outer collar seam.
- Grade seam, trimming under collar seam allowance narrower than the upper collar.
- Press seam flat; then press toward under collar.
- Understitch, stitching seam allowance to the under collar: We like to use a multi-stitch zigzag. Or, you could use a straight stitch.
- Fold collar along first stitching line, right sides together. Meet collar front edges. Notice outer collar seam allowance is already graded (trimmed) and completely understitched. Nancy Zieman’s wrapped-corner sewing technique is what makes it the absolute easiest way to sew collars!
- Stitch both collar front seams.
- Grade seam allowances, and angle cut corners.
- Turn collar right side out and press. That’s it!
All of Nancy’s easiest sewing tips are in one book.
The Absolute Easiest Way to Sew chapters include:
- Sewing Notions
- Sewing Machine Confidence
- Serger Spotlight
- Fabric Facts
- Sewing Basics
- Beyond the Basics
Watch The Absolute Easiest Way to Sew (Part One, Part Two, and Part Three) on Sewing With Nancy online.
Enter the Nancy Zieman Productions 2019 Fall Table Runner Sewing Challenge!
All youth, age 15 and under, are invited to participate in the NEW! 2019 I Sew For Fun Kids’ Sewing Challenge! Enter the challenge by purchasing the Official 2019 I Sew For Fun Kids’ Sewing Challenge Cinch Sack Kit, at the NEW! NZP Shop. Quantities are limited! Find challenge details in the September 24th NZP Blog Posting.
Show us What You’re Making! We love to hear from you, so whether you’ve tried one of Nancy’s Sewing Patterns, or you’re planning on stitching a project you’ve seen on Sewing With Nancy or on The Nancy Zieman Productions Blog, share your experiences and photos with us on Facebook or Instagram!
Team Nancy Zieman
Nancy Zieman Productions. LLC.