Nancy Zieman Productions Fall Table Runner Sewing Challenge 2018
You’re invited to participate in the Nancy Zieman Productions 2018 Fall Table Runner Sewing Challenge. Sew a table runner to showcase your sewing and quilting talents. Then enter by emailing your table runner photo to [email protected]. Table runner entries may be any color palette, feature any sewing, quilting or machine embroidery techniques, and must be a size that fits on a kitchen or dining room table—use your imagination! Enter one table runner that has been sewn within the last year and has not been entered into a previous Nancy Zieman Productions Table Runner Sewing Challenge. You could be a prize winner!
Nancy Zieman Productions Fall Table Runner Sewing Challenge
Don’t forget, you can use any of these sewing tutorials or any pattern/inspiration you choose, then enter the Fall 2018 Table Runner Sewing Challenge. Deadline to enter is October 2, 2018.
Nancy Zieman’s Top Ten Table Runner Sewing Tutorials
Hexagon Hit & Miss Table Runner
At first glance, this table runner looks like it’s pieced with traditional hexagons. Not so with this speedy column quilt design. The hexagon shapes are created with two halves, eliminating the intersection of three seams, otherwise known as Y-seams. With this technique, faux hexagon halves are stitched in columns with relative speed and ease. Plus, the results are dramatic with Nancy’s Hit & Miss Table Runner Tutorial.
Make a nontraditional Dresden plate. No round shapes here—the wedge-shapes of the Dresden are stitched, well…topsy-turvy, to create a linear look. This finished table runner is approximately 18″ x 86″. You could shorten or lengthen depending upon your table size. See how easy it is to make the Topsy-Turvy Table Runner.
No-Hassle Triangles Table Runner
Many of you have commented on the ease of creating triangles with the No-Hassle Triangles Gauge and wanted additional projects. We’re confident you’ll add the No-Hassle Triangles Table Runner to your to-do list. Made in the same style as the projects featured in Nancy’s Quick Column Quilts, triangle blocks plus column strips make for a fast, easy, and no-hassle assembly of this 21″ x 56-1/2″ No-Hassle Triangles Table Runner.
Festive Fall Table Runner
You may recognize this next table runner tutorial from the 2015 NZP Fall Table Runner Challenge. Featured is the Box Quilt Block, which dates back to 1898. Each 12-1/2″ block is made with eight half-square triangles and a center square. This pattern is included in No-Hassle Triangles Quilt Blocks, a quilt block sampler pattern book. Streamline the piecing process by using the No-Hassle Triangles Gauge.
Dresden Melody Table Runner
Think outside the traditional patchwork world and use a multisized Dresden Template to add a modern twist to a tried ‘n true design. We call it the Dresden Melody with five half-Dresden plate designs that seem to flow melodically together. The finished Dresden Melody Table Runner measures 28″ x 82″.
Heartbeat Table Runner
No matter the size—table runner to king quilt—you can sew a quick column quilt in a heartbeat! Colorful accent strips in a variety of widths make up the heartbeat pattern, while the subdued one-color strips add a perfect background for the design. In Quick Column Quilts you’ll watch Nancy stitch a queen-sized quilt. In this blog posting, we’ve scaled down the design for this Heartbeat Table Runner size, 24″ x 57″.
Here’s a table runner that you can easily create in 2-hours—our kind of home décor project! Renaissance Ribbons, Silk Dupioni, and a little thread are all you’ll need. The ribbon is the unifying element in this design. The Silk and Ribbon Table Runner is a super-fast sewing project!
Combine in-the-hoop machine quilting with coordinating embroidery designs for a Pumpkins With Style Table Runner The possibilities for Creative Quilting Outlines…Pumpkins with Style are endless.
For sewing enthusiasts, fall is so much more than a lovely season with great weather and gorgeous foliage. Fall is the start of the holiday-gift-sewing-season! It is never too early to dive into the Christmas gifts and décor projects. Jump start your holiday sewing with this exciting poinsettia embroidery pack by Amazing Designs. Make a Charming Poinsettia Table Runner with Creative Quilting Outlines…Charming Poinsettias.
Flurry of Snowflakes
Novice or expert, quilting is always an exciting adventure. With so many techniques and styles to choose from, it can be tricky to master precision piecing, until now. Let your embroidery machine do the work for you! By using the software in the Flurry of Snowflakes Embroidery Bundle, you can create quilt blocks and finish the design with outline quilting motifs for a Flurry of Snowflakes Table Runner.
Thank you to our generous 2018 Fall Table Runner Challenge Sponsors!
- Complete Mug Rug Kit from June Tailor. A $167 value
- Riley Blake Fabrics/Penny Rose fabrics, Farmhouse Floral Fat Quarter Assortment, Farmhouse Floral 10” stacker, Farmhouse Floral 5” stacker, Two Riley Blake Designs enamel pins, One Ruler Pal, One package of Sewing Mends the Soul bandages, One package of Riley Blake Designs woven labels, One pair of Blue Kisses patterned embroidery scissors and One My Mind’s Eye printed Emery Board. A $150 value
- Pellon, E—80/20 Cotton/Polyester Batting With Scrim—Needle Punched: 1 Queen Size Package 90” x 108”, 2DPI1818—Decorative Pillow Inserts: Twin Pack 18” x 18”, PLOFT16—Perfect Loft Cluster Fiber: 1 Bag 16 Ounces, EMBS4—Embroidery Sampler Pack: 4 Rolls 12” x 5 yds, EZ25S—EZ Steam II-Sided: 1 Bag 5 Sheets of 12” x 9”, FF78F1—Flex-Foam 1 Sided Fusible: 1 Bag 20” x 60”, 180T110—Knit-N-Stable Tape: 1 Package 1” x 10 yds, SF101—Shape-Flex: 1 Package 15” x 2 yds, 281—Woven Stretch Fusible: 1 Package 20” x 1 yd and ST-EK150-30—Easy-Knit Tape: 1 Package 1.5” x 30 yds. A $136 value
- Indygo Junction pattern assortment: Indygo Essentials Swing Jacket Pattern, Indygo Essentials – Asymmetrical Top & Tunic Pattern, Indygo Essentials – Shift Dress Pattern, Indygo Essentials – Mandarin Vest Pattern, Indygo Essentials – Easy Top & Tunic Pattern, Indygo Essentials – Button Back Shirt Pattern, Indygo Essentials: Raglan Top Pattern. A $133 value
- Clover-USA, Wonder Fuse (Lightweight sheet 9″ x 8″ in), Point 2 Point Turner, Roll & Press, Wedge Iron, I Sew For Fun Seam Guide, I Sew For Fun Magnet Pin Caddy, I Sew For Fun Heart-Shaped Pins (20 pcs) and I Sew For Fun Wonder Clips (10 pcs). A $127 value
- Aerofil Smart Box by Madeira Threads. A $116 value
- Nancy Zieman Productions, Farmhouse Floral Fat Quarter Pack and 3 Quilt Patterns by Nancy Zieman. A $100 value
- F+W Media, Modern Patchwork Home, Dynamic Quilts and Projects for Every Room, Quilt Big: Bigger Blocks for Faster Finishes by Jemima Flendt. A $75 value
Amy Barickman, Vintage Notions Sewing Series: Needlework, Cooking, Sewing, Fashion & Fun, Sewing For Home & Fashion, Create Flowers & Trims With Ribbon & Fabric, Language Of Fashion A-Z: Dictionary And Digest Of Fabric, Sewing & Dress, Techniques For Draping & Design. A $96 value
Amy Barickman, Vintage Notions Coloring Books: Fashion Therapy, Quilt Therapy, Pattern Play. A $54 value
- Martingale Five Random Winners: Table-Runner Roundup Book compiled by Amelia Johanson
Enter the Fall Table Runner Sewing Challenge today!
- Sew a table runner to showcase your sewing and quilting talents. Table runner entries may be any color palette, feature any sewing, quilting or machine embroidery techniques, and must be a size that fits on a kitchen or dining room table—use your imagination!
- Enter one table runner that has been sewn within the last year and has not been entered into a previous Nancy Zieman Productions Table Runner Sewing Challenge. Enter by emailing your table runner photo to [email protected] by October 2, 2018.
Winners selected by a panel of judges, plus five randomly drawn winners, will be announced October 9, 2018.
Share your comments below about the Fall Table Runner Sewing Challenge and let us know if you plan to join! Update! Share your comment below for a chance to win a Table-Runner Roundup Book. Thank you, Martingale!
The randomly selected winner of Sewing With Nancy’s Favorite Scarves to Sew from Nancy’s Notions is, Jane Peterson.
Team Nancy Zieman
Nancy Zieman Productions, LLC.