2-Hour Table Runner Sewing Project
Today we’re sharing a table runner that you can easily create in 2-hours—our kind of home décor project! Renaissance Ribbons, Silk Dupioni, and a little thread are all you’ll need. The ribbon is the unifying element in this design.
Fabric and Ribbon Supplies:
- 1/2 yard of two coordinating colors of Silk Dupioni
- 1 yard each of three ribbons
- Monofilament thread
We selected the ribbons first, fabric second. This collection of Renaissance Ribbons has five options, well, really seven. The narrow ribbons are reversible!
Cut and Stitch the Table Runner
- Cut one 18″ x 48″ section for the center of the table runner (dark brown)
- Cut two 18″ x 10″ sections from the lighter fabric (beige)
- Serge or zigzag the edges.
- Pin the lighter fabrics to each end of the darker center fabric, matching the 18″ cut edges.
- Stitch a 1/4″ seam; press.
- Cut the ribbons in half, creating 18″ lengths.
- Position and topstitch the ribbons over the seam. Use monofilament thread in the needle.
Oops, we forgot to take a photo of the table runner before turning and stitching the hem. Please visualize the table runner as a flat piece of fabric!
Miter the Corners of the Table Runner
The instructions will result in a 1″ hem.
- Measure and mark 2″ from each side of all corners on the wrong side of the fabric.
- Place a strip of tape, such as Sewer’s Fix-It Tape, on the wrong side of the fabric between the two marks, extending the tape at each end.
- Fold the corner to a point, right sides together, aligning the marks and the tape.
- Stitch from mark to mark, following the tape.
- Trim the seam to 1/4″; remove the tape.
- Turn mitered corners right side out. Fold up and press the remaining 1″ hem edges of the table runner. Topstitch 3/4″ from the folded edges.
- Your table runner is complete. Find more time-saving sewing tips like this one in The Absolute Easiest Way to Sew blogs.
- The size will be approximately 18″ x 48″.
Show us What You’re Making! We love to hear from you, so whether you’ve tried one of Nancy’s Sewing Patterns, or you’re planning on stitching a project you’ve seen on Sewing With Nancy or on The Nancy Zieman Productions Blog, share your experiences and photos with us on Facebook or Instagram!
Team Nancy Zieman
Nancy Zieman Productions. LLC.
Content in this feed is © copyright 2019 by Nancy Zieman Productions, LLC and may not be republished without written permission. You’re welcome to forward the email to a friend or colleague but it’s not okay to add the RSS feed automatically as content on a blog or other website.
The FTC requires us to tell you that Nancy Zieman Productions, LLC has provided products by other companies in the course of doing business. The FTC requires us to advise you to take this information into consideration when reading this posting.