30 Minute Christmas Tree Serger Napkin Sewing Tutorial
Celebrate Holiday Sewing and make a set of Christmas Tree Napkins with your serger! We’re making dinner-size napkins with Christmas Memories Plaid Fabric, Holly Berries Green Fabric, and Polyarn Serger Thread. Our super-simple circle napkins are fast and fun to make!
Watch Stitch it! Sisters – Stitch it! In Minutes Christmas Tree Napkins Serger Video
Watch Stitch it! Sisters – Stitch it! In Minutes Christmas Tree Napkins Tutorial Video with host Deanna Springer from Team NZP! In this video, Deanna shares Nancy Zieman’s tried and true methods for creating circle Christmas Tree Napkins – exclusively on a Serger!
Then, head over to ShopNZP.com and purchase our Christmas Tree Napkins Bundle Box that includes 1 yd. Christmas Memories Plaid Fabric, 1 yd. Christmas Memories Holly Berries Green Fabric by Riley Blake Designs and exclusive Christmas Tree Napkins Sewing Pattern by Team NZP – with step-by-step instructions and color photos/ illustrations. Includes everything you’ll need to make four Christmas Tree Dinner Napkins! You’ll supply the threads.
30-Minute Christmas Tree Serger Napkin Supply Listing
Approx. finished size 17-1/2″ circle.
30-Minute Christmas Tree Serger Napkin Sewing Tutorial Tools & Supplies
- 1 yd. NEW! Christmas Christmas Memories Plaid Fabric by Riley Blake Designs
- 1 yd. NEW! Christmas Memories Holly Berries Green Fabric by Riley Blake Designs
- Clover’s 28 mm Rotary Cutter, Cutting Mat
- Clover’s Supersize 5-in-1 Sliding Gauge
- Pattern Making Paper
- Frixon Marking Pen
- Pattern Shape Weights
- Heart Shaped Straight Pins
- Polyarn Serger Thread: Red & Green
- Schmetz Jeans/Denim Needle, size 90/14
- June Tailor’s Quilter’s Starch Savvy
- Eze-View Pressing Cloth
Pre-shrink coordinating fabrics by steaming and pressing, and steaming and pressing a second time, and then spray press and starch fabric with June Tailor’s Quilter’s Starch Savvy — press and starch, press and starch.
30-Minute Christmas Tree Serger Napkin
Sewing Serger Tutorial
- We’re featuring NEW! Christmas Christmas Memories Plaid and Christmas Memories Holly Berries Green Fabric, and New! Polyarn Serger Thread in Red & Green.
One yard each of two coordinating fabrics makes four Christmas Tree Dinner Napkins.
Streamline the cutting process and make a paper pattern!
- Make our New! 30-Minute Christmas Tree Serger Napkins with Clover’s Supersize 5-in-1 Sliding Gauge and Pattern Making Paper.
Supersize 5-in-1 Sliding Gauge Circle Compass Feature
- Hold the lower part of the “Push” mark on the Supersize 5-in-1 Sliding Gauge then move the gauge cursor to the 9″ marking. Insert the point of a Frixon Marking Pen into the opening while pressing the compass pivot point with your finger(at opposite end of gauge), then rotate gauge and mark circle line.
- Cut out circle pattern on marked line.
You’re the designer! Choose to make Dinner Napkins with 18″ circles, Brunch Napkins with 16″ circles, or Cocktail Napkins from 12″ circles!
Cut Out Fabrics
- Place fabrics wrong sides together and pin circle pattern to fabric. And/or use Pattern Shape Weights to hold circle pattern in place.
- Cut two coordinating fabric circles for each napkin.
- Place circles wrong sides together. Pin.
- Set serger overlock machine for a 3-thread overlock stitch.
- Thread serger with Polyarn Serger Thread colors in upper and lower looper, and standard serger thread in needle.
Designed specifically for serger sewing, Polyarn has a “woolly-like” texture, resulting in increased stitch coverage! Polyarn is used in upper and lower loopers and is ideal for rolled hems, flatlocking, and chain stitching.
- Stitch napkin edges with three-thread overlock serger stitch, trimming away 1/8″-1/4″ fabric.
- Use a darning needle to bury ending threads below stitches.
- Using an Eze-View Pressing Cloth, press napkin.
Fold Napkin into Christmas Tree Shape
- Fold about 1/3 napkin top towards napkin back.
- Fold about 1/3 napkin left edges toward napkin front.
- Fold remaining right napkin edge to napkin back.
- Repeat steps above and make as many napkins as desired!
For a chance to be the random winner of Clover’s Premier Seam Ripper, please leave a comment below letting us know if you’ll be sewing napkins for the holidays!
Clover will give away one Premier Seam Ripper, to one US resident in the 48 contiguous states. Winner must reply within 30 days to the official giveaway announcement email message – sent from Nancy Zieman Productions.
Team Nancy Zieman
Nancy Zieman Productions. LLC.
Stitch it! Sisters is a production of NZ Productions LLC. Content in this feed is © copyright 2021 by Nancy Zieman Productions, LLC and may not be republished without written permission. You’re welcome to forward the email to a friend or colleague but it’s not okay to add the RSS feed automatically as content on a blog or other website. The FTC requires us to tell you that Nancy Zieman Productions, LLC has provided products by other companies in the course of doing business. The FTC requires us to advise you to take this information into consideration when reading this posting.