2018 Block of the Month – Assemble and Finish
The 2018 NZP Fat Quarter Mystery is a mystery no more! Team Nancy Zieman is honored to celebrate Nancy Zieman’s legacy with this quilt titled, She’s Our Star. Team Nancy Zieman appreciates everyone of you who have tuned in each month, on the third Saturday, to see a new “She’s Our Star” block tutorial revealed.
Many of Nancy Zieman’s readers, fans, and followers shared their blocks each month with the NZP Team. With so many beautiful quilt blocks shared throughout 2018, we’d love to see your finished top or quilt. When you have your quilt top ready, please email your pictures to [email protected]. Your quilt may be selected as a feature in an upcoming blog post.
If you’ve missed a block, no worries! You can always find block patterns from any of Nancy Zieman’s Block of the Month programs, FREE and linked in the right-hand side bar of this blog.
2018 Block of the Month
She’s Our Star
Supplies to Finish the Quilt
- 1-3/4 yards Farmhouse Floral Cream Shiplap (setting triangles)
- 1/4 yard Farmhouse Floral Blue Shiplap (cornerstones)
- 1-1/4 yards Farmhouse Floral White Shiplap (sashing)
- Optional: 2/3 yardRed Shiplap for binding
Prepare Setting Triangles
- Cut twenty-four 9-1/4″ squares from the Farmhouse Floral Cream Shiplap
- Cut each of the 24 blocks in half on the diagonal using Rotary Cutting Tools.
- Cut twenty 2-1/2″ squares from the Farmhouse Floral Blue Shiplap
Prepare Sashing Strips
- Cut thirty-one 2-1/2″ by 17-1/2″ strips from the Farmhouse Floral White Shiplap
Assemble and Complete the Quilt
- Press and trim all quilt blocks to measure 17-1/2″ square.
- Stitch using a scant 1/4″ seam allowance.
- Open and press seam allowances toward the triangle.
- Repeat these steps by adding two additional triangles on the remaining sides of the square.
- Trim any small triangles, often called “Dog Ears,” using a pair of scissors or your rotary cutting tools.
- Open and press seam allowances toward the triangles.
- Repeat steps for all twelve blocks.
2. Arrange blocks in the order that they will be sewn together leaving spaces for Farmhouse Floral White Shiplap sashing strips.
3. Complete sashing.
- Prepare block rows—position Farmhouse Floral White Shiplap sashing strips between blocks at left and right edges of each of the blocks.
- Working with one row at a time, join sashing to blocks, right sides together.
- Prepare sashing rows. Arrange sashing rows, placing 2-1/2″ Farmhouse Floral Blue Shiplap corner stones between the three 17 -1/2″ x 2-1/2″ White Shiplap sashing strips.
- Join corner squares to short ends of sashing sections, right sides together.
- Join sashing rows to block rows.
- Position sashing rows between block rows at top and bottom edges of the quilt.
- Join sashing rows to block rows, right sides together.
Team Nancy Zieman
Nancy Zieman Productions, LLC.