I Sew For Fun: Easy Hot Pad
Enjoy creative moments with the youth in your life while sewing fun folded hot pads. They will be so proud to say, “I made this gift for you, mommy/daddy/grandma/auntie.” Our super-easy instructions insure your sewing success!
Supplies Needed for Each Hot Pad
- Cut fabric squares and sandwich two fabric squares, wrong sides together, with the one square of Insul-Fleece in between. Pin edges and baste.
- Fold remaining fabric squares diagonally, wrong sides together, aligning the raw edges; press.
- Layer, weave, and stitch hot pad.
- Weave diagonally folded fabric squares by lifting corner of the final triangle, lifting and tucking under previous triangle. Meet cut edges with backing. Pin edges in place. Stitch each side from edge to edge. Clip corners to reduce bulk.
- Turn right side out through woven triangles. Use the Point 2 Point turning tool to push out corners; press.
Sew a set of napkins to coordinate with your hot pads. Here’s a link to Nancy’s posting from last July, Sew Simple Summer Napkins.
Team Nancy Zieman
Nancy Zieman Productions, LLC.