Palette Pillow Sewing Tutorial With Wildflower Boutique Fabrics
Make our Palette Pillow with Wildflower Boutique Fabrics and Knit Jersey Fabrics! Make our Palette Pillow in 2 hours, with just two seams! Instantly update your décor and sew a new pillow with an unexpected knit fabric. The knit jersey offers give–and–stretch for ease in tucking the pillow form through the envelope-style pillow back. This is a great project for first-time sewists — and it’s almost effortless to make!
Watch Stitch it! Sisters Program 111: Nancy Zieman’s Absolute Easiest Way to Sew Pillows: Palette Pillow!
Watch Stitch it! Sisters Program 111 – Palette Pillow Video with hosts Deanna Springer and Dana Casey. In this video, the Stitch it! Sisters share step-by-step fabric cutting and sewing techniques for making our Palette Pillow from one fabric rectangle and one fabric square!
Then, head over to ShopNZP.com and choose from three exclusive Palette Pillow Bundle Boxes designed by the Stitch it! Sisters! Our Palette Pillow Bundle Boxes feature, Wildflower Boutique Fabrics! by Riley Blake Designs. The Palette Pillow Bundle Boxes with Pillow Form Insert include ALL SUPPLIES needed to make one Palette Pillow! You’ll supply the thread.
Palette Pillow Sewing Tutorial
Approximate finished size: 18″ x 18″
Palette Pillow Tools & Supplies
- Nancy Zieman’s Absolute Easiest Way to Sew Pillows: Palette Pillow Bundle Box
- Clover’s Hot Ruler
- Clover’s Point 2 Point Turner
- Clover’s Rotary Cutter & Mat, and ruler
- Clover’s Bordeaux Scissors
- June Tailor’s Eze-View Pressing Cloth
- Clover’s 6-in-1 Stick ‘n Stitch Seam Guide
- Clover’s I Sew For Fun Heart-Shapped Pins
- Schmetz Universal Size 90 Needle
- June Tailor’s® Starch Savvy
Palette Pillow Sewing Tutorial
Prepare Fabrics from the Palette Pillow Bundle Box. We’re featuring the Wildflower Boutique Mosaic Teal Bundle Box.
Sew our Palette Pillow with our easiest ever sewing techniques, and Classic Timesaving Tips by Nancy Zieman, and see how using the right tools makes the sewing process enjoyable, even for beginners!
Note: All seam allowances are 1/2″.
Cut Fabric and Interfacing:
- Cut one 19″ x 19″ square Wildflower Boutique Mosaic Teal Fabric for Pillow “Palette” Front.
- Cut one 19″ x 19″ square Pellon Sof-Shape Interfacing.
- Cut TWO 4″ x 19″ rectangles Pellon Easy-Knit Interfacing.
- Following manufacturer’s instructions, press Easy-Knit Interfacing rectangles to short ends of Pillow Back/Yellow Stretch Jersey Knit Fabric.
- Following manufacturer’s instructions, press Sof-Shape Interfacing square to back of Pillow “Palette” Front/ NEW! Wildflower Boutique Mosaic Teal Fabric.
- Position Pillow “Palette” Front fabric square wrong side up on ironing board.
- Using Clover’s Hot Ruler, press under 1/2″ toward fabric back, along top and bottom edges only.
- Fold Pillow “Palette” Front, right sides together, meeting pressed under edges. Place a pin at fold — marking center. Repeat placing pin at opposite folded edge.
- Using a Schmetz Universal Size 90 Needle, topstitch Pillow “Palette” Front to Pillow Back around all four edges of Pillow “Palette” Front.
- Using a wobble stitch, stitch (or hem) narrow ends of Pillow Back — near cut edges, at both ends.
- Fold Pillow Back top over Pillow “Palette” Front, right sides together — folding along top edge of Pillow “Palette” Front. Fold Pillow Back bottom upwards — folding along Pillow “Palette” Front lower edge, covering Pillow Back top. Pin at side seams.
- Stitch side seams with 1/2″ seam allowance — creating an envelope pillow cover.
- Turn pillow cover right-side out using Clover’s Point 2 Point Turner, and shape pillow corners.
Wildflower Boutique Mosaic Teal
Pillow Challenge Entry Deadline is Thursday, March 24, 2022!
The Nancy Zieman Productions Team is excited to announce the 2022 Pillow Sewing Challenge, taking place March 1 – March 29, 2022! All sewers, quilters, and machine embroiderers are invited to participate in the Nancy Zieman Productions 2022 Pillow Sewing Challenge. Brainstorm, browse, design, and plan. Then, sew a pillow! Enter the NZP 2022 Pillow Sewing Challenge by emailing a hi-res photo along with your name and address, including city and state to [email protected]
Team Nancy Zieman
Nancy Zieman Productions. LLC.
Stitch it! Sisters is a production of NZ Productions LLC. Content in this feed is © copyright 2022 by Nancy Zieman Productions, LLC and may not be republished without written permission. You’re welcome to forward the email to a friend or colleague but it’s not okay to add the RSS feed automatically as content on a blog or other website. The FTC requires us to tell you that Nancy Zieman Productions, LLC has provided products by other companies in the course of doing business. The FTC requires us to advise you to take this information into consideration when reading this posting.