No-Hassle Napkins Sewing Tutorial and NEW! Boutique Wildflower Fabrics
Celebrate Summer Sewing and stitch our No-Hassle Napkins from NEW! Wildflower Boutique fabrics. Make four different coordinating 16″ Dinner Napkins with just two yards of Fabric! Wait! What? “Four different napkins” from “two yards of fabric?” You may be thinking, “how’d they do that?” We share our secret sewing tips in today’s tutorial.
Make Team NZP’s No-Hassle Kitchen Collection sewing projects for your home. The sewing is streamlined with our easiest-ever sewing steps, and simple pattern shapes made from rectangles and squares. Our reversible napkins feature Nancy Zieman’s signature mitered corners!
Watch Stitch it! Sisters Program 103: No-Hassle Napkins
Watch Sisters Program 103: No-Hassle Napkins video, with Stitch it! Sisters Deanna Springer and Dana Casey, and learn step-by-step fabric cutting and sewing techniques for making NZP’s No-Hassle Napkins. Plus Classic Timesaving Mitering Tips by Nancy Zieman!
Then, head over to ShopNZP.com and purchase our exclusive NEW! No-Hassle Napkins Bundle Boxes! The NEW! No-Hassle Napkins Bundle Boxes feature NEW! Wildflower Boutique Fabrics by Riley Blake Designs – 1/2 yd. Pellon Fleece Batting, and our No-Hassle Kitchen Collection Pattern – with Classic Timesaving Tips by Nancy Zieman. The NEW! No-Hassle Napkins Bundle Boxes includes everything you’ll need to make four different coordinating napkins PLUS a coordinating table topper!
16″ No-Hassle Dinner Napkin Sewing Tutorial
16″ No-Hassle Dinner Napkin Tools & Supplies
- Exclusive NEW! No-Hassle Napkins Bundle Box – Pattern included
- I Sew For Fun Heart Shaped Straight Pins
- Clover’s Pin ‘n Stow Magnetic Wrist Pin Cushion and/or I Sew For Fun Heart-Shaped Magnetic Covered Pin Caddy
- Clover’s 7-3/4″ Bordeaux Ultimate Shears
- I Sew For Fun Sew Safe Presser Foot or 1/4″ Quilting Presser Foot
- Quilter’s Starch Savvy
- Clover’s Rotary Cutter and Mat, & Ruler
- Schmetz Universal Needle
- Clover’s I Sew For Fun Point 2 Point Turner
- 1/2″ Sewer’s Fix it Tape
- Blue Pen Style Chaco Liner
- Clover’s Hot Hemmer
- 1/4″ Fusible Web Tape
Pre-shrink two yards of coordinating fabrics by steaming and pressing, and steaming and pressing a second time, and then spray press and starch fabric with June Tailor’s Quilter’s Starch Savvy — press and starch, press and starch.
- Cut four 18″ x 18″ Wildflower Boutique Vine – Yellow abric squares for the napkin back/mitered corner borders.
- Cut four 16″ x 16″ inner napkin fabric squares from Wildflower Boutique Green Fat Quarter Panel.
Sewing Secret REVEALED! We’re making “four different napkins” from “two yards of fabric” with the NEW! Wildflower Boutique Green Fat Quarter Panel. One yard, one panel, of our NEW! Wildflower Boutique Fat Quarter Panel is printed with four different “fat quarter” fabrics!
- Press Clover’s 1/4″ Fusible Tape to wrong side of all four edges of outer fabric, only.
- Remove paper backing, and press under 1/4″ around all four napkin edges.
- Using the Seams Right, place a mark 1″ in from corner – along top, and along side. Repeat on all four corners.
- Connect 1″ markings with Sewers Fix It Tape.
- Fold outer napkin right sides together, meeting tape edges.
- Cut away excess seam allowance. Remove Sewers Fix It Tape.
- Using Clover’s Point 2 Point Tuner, turn corners right side out.
- With Clover’s Hot Hemmer, press over 1/2″ hem around all napkin edges.
- Insert inner fabric under mitered corner borders, wrong sides together, and pin.
- Topstitch outer fabric near inner edge.
- Watch Stitch it! Sisters Program 103: No-Hassle Napkins video, and repeat steps above to create four different coordinating 16″ Dinner Napkins.
Green Wildflower Boutique Fat Quarter Panel
Red Wildflower Boutique Fat Quarter Panel
Shop Elastic, Cotton Webbing, Zippers & More at shopnzp.com
For a chance to be the random winner of a Seams Right from Clover, please leave a comment below sharing which No-Hassle Napkins colors you’d like to make – Green, Teal, or Red?
Clover will give away one Seams Right to one US resident in the 48 contiguous states. Winner must reply within 30 days to the official giveaway announcement email message sent from Nancy Zieman Productions.
For a chance to be the random winner of a Stitch it! Sisters 5″ Fabric Short Stack with S!S button & sticker, please leave a comment below sharing which size No-Hassle Napkins you’d like to make: Cocktail, Brunch, or Dinner?
Nancy Zieman Productions will give away one Stitch it! Sisters 5″ Fabric Short Stack to one US resident in the 48 contiguous states. Winner must reply within 30 days to the official giveaway announcement email message – sent from Nancy Zieman Productions.
The randomly selected winner of a Stitch it! Sisters 5″ Fabric Short Stackwith S!S button & sticker, from the August 1 Blog Post, Dresden Columns Table Runner Sewing Tutorial, is Clovis.
Her comment is: I have never worked with Dresden templates before. Would be nice to have.
Team Nancy Zieman
Nancy Zieman Productions. LLC.
Stitch it! Sisters is a production of NZ Productions LLC. Content in this feed is © copyright 2020 by Nancy Zieman Productions, LLC and may not be republished without written permission. You’re welcome to forward the email to a friend or colleague but it’s not okay to add the RSS feed automatically as content on a blog or other website. The FTC requires us to tell you that Nancy Zieman Productions, LLC has provided products by other companies in the course of doing business. The FTC requires us to advise you to take this information into consideration when reading this posting.