NEW! Zippity-Do-Done Insulated Lunch Box Sewing Tutorial–Plus Zippity-Do-Done Bundle Box Sale Ends Tonight!
NEW! Quilt As You Go: Zippity-Do-Done Insulated Lunch Box Sewing Tutorial! Follow along as we stitch an Insulated Lunch Box featuring Zippity-Do-Done, the easy tuck-and-sew zipper solution! Plus SAVE 27% OFF our NEW! Exclusive Quilt As You Go Zippity-Do-Done Bundle Boxes ends tonight at ShopNZP.com!
NEW! Watch Stitch it! Sisters Quilt As You Go: Zippity-Do-Done Insulated Lunch Box Program 310 with Deanna Springer and Guest Jill Repp from June Tailro and learn learn Jill’s easy sewing tips for sewing her Quilt As You Go Zippity-Do-Done Insulated Lunch Box!
Then, head over to ShopNZP.com and SAVE 27% OFF our NEW! Exclusive Zippity-Do-Done Sewing Project Bundle Box that includes everything you’ll need to sew an Insulated Lunchbox including pre-printed insulated batting, clear plastic interior base, handle strapping, Zippity-Do-Done Zipper, step-by-step instructions and Free Motion Fantasy 2 Fabrics by Amanda Murphy for Benartex.
NEW! Watch Stitch it! Sisters Quilt As You Go: Zippity-Do-Done Insulated Lunch Box Program 310 with Deanna Springer and guest Jill Repp from June Tailor. Follow along as they stitch a beautiful Zippity-Do-Done Insulated Lunch Box.
Stitch it! Sisters Quilt As You Go: Zippity-Do-Done Insulated Lunch Box Sewing Tutorial
by the Stitch it! Sisters
Quilt As You Go: Zippity-Do-DoneInsulated Lunch BoxSupplies
Prepare your fabrics! Pre-shrink fabrics by steaming and pressing. Then, stabilize fabrics for the sewing process by pressing and starching fabrics with Quilter’s Starch Savvy.
- Following instructions included with Zippity-Do-Done Insulated Lunch Bundle Box, cut fabric squares and rectangles.
Optional: Use June Tailor’s June Tailor’s Fabric Glue Stick or Quilt Basting Spray to spray baste substrate to backing fabric!
Assemble Quilt As You Go: Zippity-Do-Done Insulated Lunch Box
- Place outer fabric and lining fabric right sides together. Sandwich wrong side of lining fabric to unprinted side of one bag substrate. Make sure fabric completely covers printed area.
- Stitch around dotted line using a 2.5 stitch length through all three layers, be sure not to stitch top zipper edge. NOTE: Do not iron.
- Repeat step above with second bag substrate.
- Trim layers on solid cutting line.
- Using Clover’s Point 2 Point Turner, turn lunch bag right side out.
- Optional: Using Clover’s Ultimate Quilt ‘n Stitch Presser foot add straight line machine quilting to insulated lunch box.
- Fold 4″ fabric strips in half wrong sides together, press.
- Open fabric strip and fold raw edges of fabric to center, press.
- Insert cotton webbing into folded fabric strip.
- Stitch both sides of fabric handle long edges.
- Place handle 6″ in from outer edges, pin.
- Topstich handle ends to outer lunch box – stitching along handle sides and 3-1/2″ from top of lunch box.
- Insert upper front assembly into one long edge opening of Zippity-Do-Done. Edgestitch along long edge of Zippity-Do-Done–stitching through all layers.
- Optional: Baste assembly to Zippity-Do-Done using June Tailor’s Fabric Glue Stick.
- Optional: Add decorative stitching, ribbon trim, or fabric trim embellishment to Zippity-Do-Done.
- We used Clover’s 3/4″ Bias Tape Maker (18mm) and a crosswise fabric strip.
- Topstitch fabric trip to Zippity-Do-Done, baste stitch zipper ends.
- Open zipper a couple of inches.
- Fold lunch bag right sides together, align bottom lunch bag seam, stitch.
- Align Zippity-Do-Done with bottom seam.
- Stitch side seams.
- Stitch gusset seams.
- Turn Zippity-Do-Done Insulated Lunch Box right side out.
- Your NEW! Zippity-Do-Done Insulated Lunch Box is complete!
View the NEW! Nancy Zieman Sewing Studio Class Schedule and Sign Up for classes in-store, or online at ShopNZP.com!
For a chance to be the random winner of a 3/4″ Bias Tape Maker from Clover, please leave a comment below about our new Insulated Lunchbox!
Clover will give away one 3/4″ Bias Tape Maker from Clover, to one US resident in the 48 contiguous states. Winner must reply within 30 days to the official giveaway announcement email message – sent from Nancy Zieman Productions.
Team Nancy Zieman
Nancy Zieman Productions. LLC.
Stitch it! Sisters is a production of NZ Productions LLC. Content in this feed is © copyright 2022 by Nancy Zieman Productions, LLC and may not be republished without written permission. You’re welcome to forward the email to a friend or colleague but it’s not okay to add the RSS feed automatically as content on a blog or other website. The FTC requires us to tell you that Nancy Zieman Productions, LLC has provided products by other companies in the course of doing business. The FTC requires us to advise you to take this information into consideration when reading this posting.