Colorblocked Shoulder Bag Sewing Tutorial with our Absolute Easiest Bag Straps
In today’s blog tutorial, we’re sharing easy tips for constructing our Exclusive Colorblocked Shoulder Bag! The outer bag assembly and inner lining assembly is magically completed with a combination of turning the bag right sides out and finishing with bias cut fabric strips! Plus Save 25% Off Your Entire Order Over $50 Sale Ends Tonight at ShopNZP.com!
Watch Stitch it! Sisters Program 207, Colorblocked Shoulder Bag!
Watch Stitch it! Sisters Program 207, Colorblocked Shoulder Bag! with hosts Deanna Springer and Dana Casey from Team NZP! In this video, the Stitch it! Sisters share how to make our Colorblocked Shoulder Bag.
Make our Colorblocked Shoulder Bag from two or more fabrics. Or, choose a fashionable fat quarter collection. Our roomy Colorblocked Shoulder Bags are beautiful – and functional for toting essentials. Our Colorblocked Shoulder Bag made with Clover’s Trace ‘n Create Bag Template Set by Nancy Zieman is a great sewing project for beginners sewers and seasoned sewists, alike!
Purchase the Exclusive Colorblocked Shoulder Bag Diagonal Bag Bundle Box featuring four coordinating Glohaven floral by Lila Tueller for Riley Blake Designs, Pellon Peltex, Pellon Sof-Shape, and bag hardware, along with Team NZP’s Colorblocked Shoulder Bag Sewing Tips Sheets and Clover’s Trace ‘n Create Bag Template by Nancy Zieman – with step-by-step instructions and illustrations! You’ll supply the thread. Now available -at the lowest prices of the year- exclusively at ShopNZP.com!
Colorblocked Shoulder Bag Finishing and Bias Trim Sewing Tutorial
by the Stitch it! Sisters
Colorblocked Shoulder Bag Supplies Listing
- Exclusive Colorblocked Shoulder Bag Bundle Box
- Clover’s Trace ‘n Create Bag Template Set by Nancy Zieman
- Clover’s Chaco Liner or Erasable Fabric Marking Pen
- Schmetz Denim Needle Size 90
- Clover’s 1″ Bias Tape Maker
- Clover’s 3/4″ Bias Tape Maker
- June Tailor’s Quilter’s Starch Savvy
- 8″ Dressmakers Shears
- Clover’s Wonder Clips
- Clover’s Flower Head Pins
- Clover’s Double Sided Basting Tape
- Clover’s Button Hole Cutter or 18mm Rotary Cutter
- Clover’s Roll ‘n Press
- Clover’s 5-in-1 Sliding Gauge
- Coordinating Thread
- Seam Stick
- Eze-View Pressing Cloth
- Fine-Mist Spray Bottle
- Rotary cutter, mat, and ruler
- Optional: Tailor’s Clapper
- Optional: Clover’s Straight Tailor’s Awl
- Optional: Monofilament Thread
Construct Colorblocked Shoulder Bag
- Following instructions in the Exclusive Colorblocked Shoulder Bag Bundle Box and Trace ‘n Create Bag Template, construct outer bag assembly and inner lining assembly.
- With right sides together, insert outer bag inside inner lining – aligning side seams.
- Align bag top side edges. Pin.
- Stitch bag top side edges only. Do not stitch curved areas.
- Carefully turn bag assembly right side out. Press.
- Wonder Clip bag top side edges as shown.
- Topstitch bag top side edges as shown.
- Baste stitch curved edges.
Create Trim for Bag Curve
- Using rotary cutter, ruler, and mat, cut two 3″ x 21″ bias fabric strips for curve trim.
- Fold 3″ x 21″ bias strips right sides together. Press.
- Center and Wonder Clip, or pin, cut edges of bias strip to edges of bag curve, leaving approximately 3″ of trim extending beyond bag edges.
- Stitch bias strip to curves.
- Turn bias strip to bag inside. Press.
- Wonder Clip bias binding strip to bag.
- Stitch binding in the ditch, sewing in the well of the seam.
- Trim binding extensions to 2-3/4″.
- Repeat step above and stitch bias trim to remaining bag curve.
- Using rotary cutter, ruler, and mat, cut two 2″ crosswise fabric strips for handles.
- Using rotary cutter, ruler, and mat, cut four 2″ x 20″ strips Sof-Shape Interfacing for handles.
- Following manufacturer’s instructions, press Sof-Shape Interfacing to wrong side of crosswise fabric strips.
- Using 1″ Bias Tape Maker, create bias trim.
- Insert fabric strips into wide end of 1″ bias tape maker, using a stiletto awl.
- Press folded fabric at narrow end of bias tape maker, while advancing maker.
- Place two O-Rings onto fabric strap.
- Pin fabric strap short ends right sides together. Stitch.
- Press seam open.
- Refold fabric strap. Press.
- Place fabric strap wrong sides together.
- Slide O-Rings to opposite ends.
- Wonder Clip or pin.
- Edgestitch along fabric strap long edges. Stop stitching with needle down and pivot at each end – near O-Rings.
- Repeat steps above and create second fabric strap.
- Attach O-Ring to bag assembly by looping 2-3/4″ trim binding extension through O-Ring.
- Double fold bias trim and stitch.
- Stitch all four O-Rings to bag assembly.
Watch Stitch it! Sisters Program 207, Colorblocked Shoulder Bag Video at YouTube.com/StitchitSisters
Make one, or all four styles, of our Colorblocked Shoulder Bag! The bag templates are designed to be used over and over again!
- Colorblocked Shoulder Bag! Bundle Boxes include everything you’ll need to make a beautiful new bag – available exclusively at ShopNZP.com!
Stitch it! Sisters is a production of NZ Productions LLC. Content in this feed is © copyright 2023 by Nancy Zieman Productions, LLC and may not be republished without written permission. You’re welcome to forward the email to a friend or colleague but it’s not okay to add the RSS feed automatically as content on a blog or other website. The FTC requires us to tell you that Nancy Zieman Productions, LLC has provided products by other companies in the course of doing business. The FTC requires us to advise you to take this information into consideration when reading this posting.