Sew Mittens for Giving Tuesday and NEW! Fleece Fabrics at ShopNZP.com
Join Team NZP and the Stitch it! Sisters for our Giving Tuesday Mitten Sewing Challenge! Follow along as we sew our 2-Hour Fleece Mittens–for those in need this winter season, then take on the challenge and sew some too! Plus shop our Home for the Holidays Sale kicking off today at ShopNZP.com.
Giving Tuesday, which falls on November 28th, is a yearly global generosity movement that encourages people to give back to their communities and support various causes, promoting the spirit of kindness and charity. We’re teaming up with the BERNINA We All Sew Blog to sew as many mittens as we can–to donate on November 28! We invite you to also sew mittens with our easy Mitten Sewing Tutorial, below.
Sew Mittens for Giving Tuesday Sewing Tutorial
by the Stitch it! Sisters
• Printable Mitten Pattern Medium/Large by Team NZP
• 1/3 Yard Fleece Fabric, or assorted Polorfleece Scraps
• Clover’s Wonder Clips or
• Clover’s Jumbo Wonder Clips
• Clover’s Point 2 Point Turner
• Clover’s 7-3/4″ Bordeaux Ultimate Shears
• Schmetz Chrome Needles Size 90
• Coordinating Thread
• Rotary Cutter
• 6″ x 24″ Rotary Cutting Ruler and Mat
• Optional: Clover’s Chaco Liners or Frixion Marking Pen
Download and print Kelly’s Free Small Mitten Pattern, cut out on solid line.
Sew Mittens for Giving Sewing Tutorial
Download the Printable Mitten Pattern Medium/Large by Team NZP
Extend pattern for a bigger cuff.
- Fold fleece in half, or layer two fleece pieces, place pattern on top and cut out four mitten shapes.
We chose to leave an extra inch at the mitten opening for finishing the cuff.
- Set sewing machine for a wobble stitch and stitch a 1/4″ seam allowance around mittens, pivoting between thumb and first finger.
Set your sewing machine for a wobble stitch. A wobble stitch is a slight zigzag stitch set at 2.0-2.5 length and .5 width. This stitch appears as a straight stitch from the right side, while providing a slight amount of stretch to the seam.
- Using a scissors, clip fleece at the “V” between thumb and first finger, being careful not to clip stitching.
- Using the rounded part of Clover’s Point 2 Point Turner, turn mittens right sides out
- Fold cuff inward 1/2″ and stitch cuff.
- Your Mittens are complete!
Join the Challenge
Print the Medium/Small Mitten Pattern from the We All Sew Blog, or print Team NZP’s Medium/Large Pattern above, and sew as many mittens as you’d like! Once you have your mittens ready for donation, bring them to the BERNINA Area at The Nancy Zieman Sewing Studio, or take to your local participating BERNINA Dealer for donation on or before November 28, 2023.
The Nancy Zieman Sewing Studio is a BERNINA Excellence Dealer! Stop in and experience premium Swiss engineering in a wide range of sewing machines, sergers, and Q-Series long arm machines–to fit all your sewing needs–and purchase the machine of your dreams!
Nancy Zieman Sewing Studio
120 Front Street
Beaver Dam, WI 53916
NEW! Store Hours
Monday through Saturday 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. And by appointment
Closed Sunday and Holidays
Parking Behind Store
NANCY ZIEMAN SEWING STUDIO
120 FRONT STREET
BEAVER DAM, WI 53916
Join the 2023 NZP Christmas Stocking Sewing Challenge
Team Nancy Zieman & The Stitch it! Sisters
Nancy Zieman Productions. LLC.
Stitch it! Sisters is a production of NZ Productions LLC. Content in this feed is © copyright 2023 by Nancy Zieman Productions, LLC and may not be republished without written permission. You’re welcome to forward the email to a friend or colleague but it’s not okay to add the RSS feed automatically as content on a blog or other website. The FTC requires us to tell you that Nancy Zieman Productions, LLC has provided products by other companies in the course of doing business. The FTC requires us to advise you to take this information into consideration when reading this posting.