No-Hassle Triangles in Quilts: The Nancy Zieman Way at The Great Wisconsin Quilt Show TODAY!
The Great Wisconsin Quilt Show –Virtual Event, Sept. 10-12, 2020
Join Team NZP and Stitch it! Sisters host, Deanna Springer TODAY at 2 pm CDT for her Lecture, No-Hassle Triangles in Quilts: The Nancy Zieman Way at The Great Wisconsin Quilt Show –Virtual Event. If you haven’t already, register for free today at QuiltShow.com
In Deanna lecture, she demos our NEW! Exclusive No-Hassle Triangles Ruler by Nancy Zieman Productions! Effortlessly cut, mark, and stitch 1/2-square or 1/4-square triangles without ever cutting a triangle, or guessing at the sizes.
Create 1/2 -square and ¼-square triangle quilt blocks without ever cutting triangles with our NEW! No-Hassle Triangles Ruler!
Use our NEW! No-Hassle Triangles Ruler to make five block sizes for both 1/2- & 1/4-square triangles: 2-1/2”, 3-1/2”, 4-1/2”, 5-1/2”, and 6-1/2”.
Reference markings on the NEW! No-Hassle Triangles Ruler for cutting solid square quilt blocks, 1/2-square triangles, and 1/4-square triangles.
- Solid Square Quilt Block Cutting Lines are marked on Ruler in GREEN.
- 1/2-Square Quilt Block Cutting Lines are marked on Ruler in PURPLE.
- 1/4-Square Quilt Block Cutting Lines are marked on Ruler in AQUA.
Make a NEW! Red Elegance Double/Queen Quilt! Approx. Finished Size 72-1/2″ x 90-1/2″.
Or, make a NEW! Red Elegance Wall Hanging! Approx. Finished Size 36-1/2″ x 45-1/2″.
With our easy step-by-step pattern directions, you’ll be piecing our Double/Queen size Red Elegance quilt top in almost the same time it takes to make a wall hanging!
NEW! Red Elegance Quilt Pattern: Half-Square Triangle Block Sewing Tutoiral
Prepare your fabrics! Pre-shrink fabrics by steaming and pressing, and steaming and pressing a second time. Then, stabilize fabrics for the sewing process by pressing and starching fabrics with June Tailor’s Starch Savvy. Press and starch, press and starch.
- Follow the 1/2-square triangle blocks: Marked on Ruler in Purple
- Cut crosswise strips of two fabrics the “cut” measurement printed on Ruler. (Example: For a 4-1/2” block, cut 4-7/8” crosswise strips.)
- Stack and align fabric strips, right side together with lightest fabric on top. Subcut into squares, using the same “square cut” measurement on the ruler. (Example: For a 4-1/2” block, cut 4-7/8” squares.)
Use Clover’s No-Hassle Triangles Gauge to accurately and quickly mark blocks. Depress button to slide and align No-Hassle Triangles Gauge with the “cut” measurement of the 1/2-square triangle block size. (Example: For a 4-1/2” block, set gauge at 4-1/2” Half-Square Block squares.)
- Set sewing machine for a straight stitch (2.0-2.5 mm). Attach a 1/4″ quilting presser foot. Straight stitch, guiding right side of foot along marked line. Note: Stitching line will be scant 1/4″ away from marked line.
- After stitching along one side of marked line of all square sets, rotate chained blocks and stitch along the other side of the marked line. Note: Stitching line will be scant 1/4² away from marked line.
- Clip threads between blocks. Cut blocks apart along diagonal marked line, using rotary cutter, ruler, and mat.
- Press seam allowance flat to set seam, then press seam allowance toward dark fabric.
Follow the step-by-step directions – included in the pattern – for assembling our NEW! Red Elegance Wall Hanging or Double/Queen Quilt!
All youth, age 15 and under, are invited to participate in the NEW! 2020 I Sew For Fun Kids’ Sewing Challenge! Enter the challenge by purchasing one of the Official 2020 I Sew For Fun Kids’ Sewing Challenge Pillowcase Project Packs at ShopNZP.com. Quantities are limited! Find challenge details in the September 3, 2020 Blog Post.
Join Team NZP this week for The Great Wisconsin Quilt Show –Virtual Edition– September 10 -12, 2020
Deanna Springer, Dana Casey, and the NZP Team – along with PBS Wisconsin – are pleased to co-produce The Great Wisconsin Quilt Show –Virtual Event, Sept. 10-12, 2020. If you haven’t already, register for free today at QuiltShow.com
Join the Stitch it! Sisters this Thursday thru Saturday, Sept. 10-12, for our daily Facebook Live – beginning at 10 a.m. Central Time – at the Nancy Zieman Productions Facebook page! Join us as we celebrate The Great Wisconsin Quilt Show – Virtual Edition – LIVE from NZP with Quilt Show Specials & New Fabrics starting tomorrow at ShopNZP.com.
The randomly selected winner of a NEW! I Sew For Fun Hand-Sewing Needles with Heart-Shaped Case from Clover, from the September 10 Blog Post, NEW! I Sew For Fun Kids’ Sewing Challenge 2020 Kick Off and Order Your Challenge Project Pack Today, is Phyllis H. Lewis.
Her comment is: I have two eligible granddaughters who are creative and would love to show off their sewing skills in this fun way.
Team Nancy Zieman
Nancy Zieman Productions. LLC.
Stitch it! Sisters is a production of NZ Productions LLC. Content in this feed is © copyright 2020 by Nancy Zieman Productions, LLC and may not be republished without written permission. You’re welcome to forward the email to a friend or colleague but it’s not okay to add the RSS feed automatically as content on a blog or other website. The FTC requires us to tell you that Nancy Zieman Productions, LLC has provided products by other companies in the course of doing business. The FTC requires us to advise you to take this information into consideration when reading this posting.