Learn More “Stress Free” Doodle Stitching
Do you like to doodle? Many of us enjoy sketching or even scribbling absentmindedly, dreaming we’re budding artists! The same action can be translated to needle and thread, randomly stitching on small pieces of fabric while learning creative techniques.
Clip ‘n Stitch Doodling
Let’s kick off Doodle Stitching Part Three with a Clip ‘n Stitch Doodle project. Small snippets of fabric fused to a background layer are the doodling tools. This is not a lengthy process, rather a random act of creativity!
One of the benefits of doodle stitching is becoming comfortable with free-motion quilting. Creating a Popsicle Garden is an ideal way to learn the tricks of the trade while stitching a whimsical work of art. Circles and rectangular shapes are all that’s needed, along with a little stitching time. Watch online to see how easy it is to try free-motion quilting on this smaller scale.
Doodle Outside the Lines
Next on Doodle Stitching Part Three, a scarf was the fabric chosen for the last of the creative projects. Nancy liked the look of doubling the sheer layers to create even more subtle shades of color. Each section was roughly stitched with sketchy stitches. We liken the stitching to coloring in a book. You can’t make a mistake when you purposely Doodle Outside the Lines.
The Book: Doodle Stitching
- Nancy guides you through her fun techniques for painting with thread and scraps of fabric. You don’t need to worry about perfection—these techniques are made to give you beautiful results, whether you’re a beginner or a seasoned sewist.
- Nancy’s signature style of stress-free techniques and easy projects inspires and empowers. Plus, she shows you how to translate pencil-sketched doodles onto fabric with your sewing machine.
Doodle Stitching Book
- Full color photographs and illustrations
- Step-by-step instructions
- Double-wire binding so that pages lay flat when open—no more struggling to keep your page from turning or bending; plus it’s easier to keep your book right next to you as you work
- Soft cover, 40 page book by Nancy Zieman, Sewing With Nancy
Watch Doodle Stitching—Part Three on Sewing With Nancy online.
Do you like to doodle and/or create fabric art? Leave a comment below to be eligible to win a copy of the Doodle Stitching Book, from Nancy’s Notions.
Team Nancy Zieman
Nancy Zieman Productions. LLC.