How to Sew Art – Part One
Believe it or not, all of us can be textile artists—one step at a time—with Tammie Bowser’s stitched art techniques. You may not have considered yourself an artist, but with Tammie’s help and demonstration, that notion will change! Tammie is an award-winning, international quilter, and Nancy Zieman’s guest on The Best of Sewing With Nancy—How to Sew Art, part one.
Often the first reaction to Tammie’s stitched art is, “That looks too difficult to make—I could never do that!” In the How to Sew Art TV show, book, and DVD, Tammie shares how starting with a great photo, choosing 9–12 fabrics, and then following her steps, you too can make fabric art projects that you’ll be proud to show.
In How to Sew Art, part one, you’ll learn:
- Tips for choosing a great photo
- How to make a pattern from the Stitch A Sketch Art Quilt Software or Quilted Photo Deluxe 2.0 Art Quilt Software, and how to download a free trial at Tammie’s web site, howtosewart.com.
- How to print and tile the pattern pieces
- How to create a fusible foundation for an art quilt with parchment paper, Wonder-Web Fusible and 505 Spray and Fix Adhesive
- How to choose 9–12 batik fabrics
In How to Sew Art, part one, Tammie also shares her techniques for preparing the pattern for cutting fabrics.
Watch How to Sew Art (Part One and Part Two) on The Best of Sewing With Nancy.
Tell us who you would choose for a Sew Art photo in a comment below, for a chance to be the winner of an electronic quilt pattern created by Tammie Bowser, plus a video course in her stitched art techniques. Tammie will personally create the winner’s quilt pattern using their random photo.
The randomly selected winner of a copy of the Fearless Quilting Finishes book from Nancy’s Notions, is Barbara Howes.
Her comment is: Stippling is still kind of scary to me. I primarily stitch in the ditch or outline. I’d like to be confident trying it on a quilt—small projects first!
Team Nancy Zieman
Nancy Zieman Productions. LLC.