Fall Updates from Team Nancy Zieman and an Interview with Deanna on Bernina’s Sew & So Podcast
October is an exciting month for Nancy Zieman Productions! Nancy Zieman started her first business, Nancy’s Notions, in October 1979, and her second business, Nancy Zieman Productions, in October 2007. Deanna S, along with her sisters Dana Casey and Denise Abel, started ShopNZP.com and Stitch it! Sisters in October 2019. Sew it seams fitting that Team NZP opens the NEW! Nancy Zieman Sewing Studio this October 2021 – while at the same time our community unveils a new Nancy Zieman Mosaic Mural. Deanna shares a rare behind the scenes look during a new podcast!
A few weeks ago, Deanna Springer from Team NZP joined Meg Goodman for an interview on Bernina’s Sew & S0 Podcast. Tune in for this delightful chat with Meg and Deanna, as they talk all things Sewing, how Deanna got started sewing at age 6, how 4-H guided her career path with Nancy Zieman, and now with Stitch it! Sisters. Deanna shares a behind the scenes look at family life and growing up in Wisconsin with her three sisters. Plus exciting news of what’s next for Nancy Zieman Productions. Listen here, today!
Deanna’s love for all things sewing began when she was a young girl, and was nurtured by her mom, her grandmothers and 4-H (above: Dana and Deanna in 4-H in 1980; below: Deanna sewing on her Mom’s Singer) . She talks fondly of the many memories she has of growing up among sewists, including how, on Christmas Eve she and her three sisters would listen to the hum of the sewing machine from downstairs, and awaken Christmas morning to find new robes hanging in the doorway. These priceless memories of creating and sharing gifts from the heart played an important role in her career choice.
The Woodward Family: Don, Sharon, Deanna, Diana, Dana and Denise with her husband David(below).
In 2007 Nancy Zieman and Deanna started Nancy Zieman Productions (NZP), where they worked side by side for 10 years. After launching NZP, they launched a new blog, social media channels and forty-plus sewing and quilting products, including tools, patterns, and books. The NZP team produced 12 seasons of Sewing with Nancy with Wisconsin Public Television.
As the podcast conversation wraps up, Deanna talks about the many barriers Nancy broke through in the 70’s and 80’s, and how Nancy really changed the industry. It’s evident that Deanna shares many of her friend’s traits as well as her drive and vision. (30:41-37:30) Case in point: this fall, Deanna, along with her sisters and the NZP Team, are opening the Nancy Zieman Sewing Studio in Beaver Dam, WI. Listen here, today!
Fall Updates! October is an exciting month for Nancy Zieman Productions!
- A NEW! Community Mosaic Mural honoring Nancy Zieman is installed behind the NEW! Nancy Zieman Sewing Studio – in the fine arts district in downtown Beaver Dam, WI! Watch the October 15 Ribbon Cutting Event over at the Nancy Zieman Productions Facebook Page.
- During the 2021 Arts & Peony Festival, Artist Stephen Bennet’s mural painting event was held Saturday, June 12, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Beaver Dam Area Community Theater (BDACT) scene shop at 117 W. Maple Ave.
- This was a free event for people of all ages. No particular skills were required, other than to follow a few simple lines. Bennett donated his time and talents to this project. Four distinguished artists who have roots in Beaver Dam will be honored in this project, including Nancy Zieman, Lois Ehlert, Fred McMurray, and Eric Kalkhurst.
- Former BDACT president Scott Eberle took the lead on the mural project. On October 7, He, along with a volunteer crew, adhered the colorful tiles to a 12-foot by 12-foot frame made by Breuer Metal Craftsman and installed by Hometown Glass & Improvement.
- The NEW! Nancy Zieman Sewing Studio is NOW OPEN at 120 Front Street in the fine arts district in downtown Beaver Dam, WI.
- A NEW! Plaque is installed honoring Nancy – on the city bench located in front of the Nancy Zieman Sewing Studio.
🎃 👻 🕷 Beaver Dam Downtown Fall Fest Events, this Saturday October 30, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Scarecrows on Display, Costume Contest, pumpkin bow-ling, Trick-or-Treating, Kids’ Activities, Scavenger Hunt, Food Truck Court, Music, Witch’s Dance/Flash Mob 10:30 a.m. and 1:15 p.m, FREE! Trick-or-Treat Bag + 20% Off One Regular Priced Item at The Nancy Zieman Sewing Studio, and more!
- Parking behind the Nancy Zieman Sewing Studio at 120 Front St., behind Art on the Town at 127 Front Street, and behind Center Plaza at 200 Front St., in downtown Beaver Dam, WI 53916.
Stay tuned for updates on Sewing Classes, Store Events and more! Be sure you are subscribed to the Nancy Zieman Productions E-Newsletter at NancyZieman.com/blog/newsletter.
Shop our Essential Sewing and Pattern Fitting Supplies SALE at ShopNZP.com
Shop our Halloween Fabric SALE at ShopNZP.com
Find NEW! Mister Rogers Fabrics by Riley Blake Designs at ShopNZP.com
Happy Fall Sewing!
Team Nancy Zieman
Nancy Zieman Productions. LLC.
Stitch it! Sisters is a production of NZ Productions LLC. Content in this feed is © copyright 2021 by Nancy Zieman Productions, LLC and may not be republished without written permission. You’re welcome to forward the email to a friend or colleague but it’s not okay to add the RSS feed automatically as content on a blog or other website. The FTC requires us to tell you that Nancy Zieman Productions, LLC has provided products by other companies in the course of doing business. The FTC requires us to advise you to take this information into consideration when reading this posting.