I Sew For Fun: Design and Print Your Own 18-Inch Doll Clothes to Sew
Design, print, and stitch your very own 18-inch doll outfit with the I Sew For Fun Click-Print-Stitch Software. The creative options are unlimited!
Click and choose one of the project designs included within the Click-Print-Stitch Software.
Print your project on 8-1/2″ x 11″ Inkjet Printer Fabric Sheets (not included).
Stitch projects together following Nancy Zieman’s easy instructions (included in Click-Print-Stitch Software).
Here’s an overview of the Click-Print-Stitch Skirt for an 18-inch Doll
Once designed, this adorable skirt takes a mere 30 minutes or less to stitch. The sewing is made simple with flat construction tips.
- Two 8-1/2″ x 11″ printable fabric sheets
- 1/4 yd. coordinating fabric (lining)
- 11″ elastic, 3/8″ wide
- Basic sewing supplies and thread
- Optional: Flex ‘n Glide Bodkin
- Optional: Wonder Clips
- Optional: Sew-Safe Presser Foot
Note: Please read all instructions included within The Click-Print-Stitch Software before beginning. Use the width of the presser foot as the depth of the seam allowance—approximately 3/8″.
1. Click to select Skirt Pattern. Fill the pattern piece with your chosen design(s).
2. Following manufactures instructions for printable fabric sheets: Print, prepare, and cut two skirt patterns: One Skirt Front and one Skirt Back.
Rather than cutting the elastic before inserting it into a garment, leave the elastic at a longer length, apply the elastic, and then trim it to size. This gives a longer end to hold onto, and it’s easier to position and stitch the elastic. It’s as simple as 1, 2, 3!
5. Pull elastic to form desired gathering. Stitch opposite end to secure elastic. Trim elastic to size.
6. Repeat steps 3–6 for skirt back.
7. Meet skirt front and skirt back, right sides together, pin or clip. Stitch side seam.
8. Turn finished skirt right side out.
Matching Top instructions are included within the I Sew For Fun Click-Print-Stitch Software. .
Four 18-inch doll clothes patterns are included in the Click • Print • Stitch Software: top, skirt, crop pants, and sundress.
Also includes two pillow patterns: cat and dog.
Plus, one mini shoulder bag pattern.
Watch I Sew For Fun on Sewing With Nancy online at NancyZieman.com.
For a chance to win your very own copy of Nancy Zieman’s I Sew For Fun Click Print Stitch Software from Eileen Roche and DIME, please leave a comment below sharing which Click Print Stitch Software project you’ll make first.
The randomly selected winner of Nancy’s New! McCall’s M7751 Shaped Hemline Shirt Pattern from the May 26 post is R MacKinnon.
The comment was: I would/will sew Option B. And, I think I already have some great fabric in my resource center to make the shirt. Great design.
Team Nancy Zieman
Nancy Zieman Productions, LLC.