Sew a Faux Fur Infinity Scarf
Find yourself making these infinity scarves and wishing for a chilly day! If you are in a cold climate, you may already be familiar with the luxury of faux fur and cuddle fleece fabrics. With so many textures and prints from which to choose, See how easy it is to work with this snuggly-soft fabric.
The fake fur scarves are most attractive made as an infinity scarf. In my book, Nancy’s Favorite Scarves to Sew, follow all the details, only substitute fake fur or cuddle fleece for the fabric. Or scroll down, to find a complete tutorial. Click here to watch this episode of Sewing With Nancy and see how the twist design element is created when stitching this must-have, or should I say must-sew, accessory.
- 90/14 Stretch Needle
- Cuddle Fur Fabric Kit
- Chaco Marking Pen
- Nancy’s Favorite Scarves to Sew book by Nancy Zieman
- Measure a rectangle 24″ x 40″.
- Fold the fur fabric matching right sides.
- Mark a cutting line with a non-permanent pen (on fabric wrong side).
Note from Nancy: Cut on the marked line with the tip of the scissors, cutting only the knitted backing, not the fur. Cutting the fabric in the traditional manner leaves you with a complete mess of fur! If you happen to cut the fur, I have a solution for you—vacuum!
Faux Fur Scarf Sewing Tips
- Measure a 4″–6″ distance along the long edge. This area will remain unstitched.
- Switch your sewing machine to a 90/14 Stretch Needle.
- Match right sides, pin, and sew along the 40″ length.
- Use a 1/4″ seam allowance and do not sew the 4″–6″ marked opening.
- A nip marking along the fold is needed at each short end.
- Make a small snip at each marked location.
- Turn the tube right side out.
- Give the scarf a twist while folding the tube onto itself, matching right sides of the short ends.
- Align opposing seams and snips at the end to maintain the twist.
- Use a 1/4″ seam allowance to sew the scarf ends together.
- Turn the faux fur right side out through the opening.
Watch Nancy’s Favorite Scarves to Sew Part One and Part Two on Sewing With Nancy online.
The winner of a collection of my three NEW quilt patterns along with a 22-piece fat quarter bundle of my NEW Garnet fabric is Sally Rickey.
Her comment was, “”I sort by type of fabric—fleece, flannel, fashion, cotton panels, Christmas, etc. I love your new line.”
Bye for now,
Content in this feed is © copyright 2016 by Nancy Zieman and may not be republished without written permission. You’re welcome to forward the email to a friend or colleague but it’s not okay to add the RSS feed automatically as content on a blog or other website.
The FTC requires us to tell you that Nancy Zieman has provided products by other companies in the course of her business. The FTC requires us to advise you to take this information into consideration when reading this posting.
Make sure you are subscribed to my enews mailing list so you won’t miss a thing. Sign up here. Join us on Facebook, plus a host of other social media channels. Connect With Nancy today!