Dive into Art Quilting
On today’s episode of Sewing With Nancy, we continue with part two of How to Sew Art. Start with a photo, choose fabrics, and then follow steps to turn a common digital image into spectacular wall art. Tammie Bowser, a quilt innovator, will show us how to transform ordinary fabric into fine art.
In a recent post, I shared an overview of How to Sew Art part one, including choosing a photo, downloading the software, printing the pattern, creating a fusible web sandwich, and selecting fabrics.
- Either of these two software programs will turn your photo into a pattern. Choose from the Stitch-A-Sketch Art Quilt Software or Quilted Photo Deluxe 2.0 Art Quilt Software.
In How to Sew Art part two, the magic happens!
- Learn techniques for cutting the pattern pieces.
- See how to cut and add the fabric pieces.
- Watch Tammie demonstrate the stitching/quilting process.
- See how to add texture with Cotona thread and Angelina fibers.
In How to Sew Art part two, you’ll also see an inspirational gallery of Tammie’s quilts!
Watch How to Sew Art (Part One and Part Two) on Sewing With Nancy online.
Bye for now,