2017 Quilt Expo Modern Mini Quilt Challenge Winners
Thank you to everyone who helped make the first Quilt Expo Modern Mini Quilt Challenge a success! View all the mini quilt entries at facebook.com/QuiltExpo.
Here’s a quick review of the 2017 Quilt Expo Modern Mini Quilt Challenge Complete Entry Rules:
Sew a mini modern quilt to showcase your quilting talents. Submit your entry by emailing a high-resolution image of your quilt to [email protected] by 5 p.m. CST on Tuesday, May 23, 2017.
- Mini Quilts must be no more than 24-inches square, and may be pieced, appliquéd, mixed, or other.
- Mini Quilts must be made from fabrics in a modern color palette and design.
- Mini Quilts must be quilted through three layers by hand, by machine, or both.
- You may enter ONE modern mini quilt that is completed within the last year.
- Entries must be sent to [email protected]; participants are encouraged to share progress and quilt photos on social media using hashtag #ModernMiniQuiltChallenge.
- Submitted entries will be shared on Quilt Expo’s Facebook page throughout the month of May at facebook.com/QuiltExpo.
- Winners selected by a panel of judges, plus five randomly drawn winners, will be announced on May 30, 2017.
- Judging takes place May 24–25, 2017.
Open to US residents only.
Congratulations to our winners!
Visit QuiltExpo.com/ModernMiniQuiltChallenge for complete details and prize package listing.
- Baby Lock Anna Sewing Machine, a $399 value
First place: Kelly Spell
- Pellon Prize Bundle, a $165 value
Second place: Gloria Welniak
- June Tailor product bundle, a $159 value
Third place: Elizabeth Ray
- Fons and Porter’s Love of Quilting magazine and quilt show tickets, a $120 value
Fourth place: Trinia Braughton
- Nancy Zieman Productions collection of Nancy Zieman Notions, a $115 value
Fifth place: Susan Buckingham
- Sewing With Nancy Gift Bundle, a $103 value
Sixth place: Cheryl Brickey
- Clover Needlecraft, Inc offers a notions prize bundle, a $95 value
- We’ve Gone to Plaid Quilt Kit, a $95 Value
- Maderia Thread’s Aeroquilt 8-Cone Value Pack, a $79 value
- F+W Media offers a three-book bundle, a $75 value
- Quilt Expo offers four 3-day Quilt Expo admission tickets, a $72 value
- Coats & Clark: 50 Spool Assortment, a $70 value
- Nancy’s Notions: 39 Sew Easy Projects, a $50 value
- Plus, five random winners will receive a copy of the Mini Marvels book from Martingale Publishing, $25 value each
The judges certainly had their work cut out! The entries were wonderful. View all the mini quilt entries at facebook.com/QuiltExpo.
Bye for now,
Content in this feed is © copyright 2017 by Nancy Zieman and may not be republished without written permission. You’re welcome to forward the email to a friend or colleague but it’s not okay to add the RSS feed automatically as content on a blog or other website.
The FTC requires us to tell you that Nancy Zieman has provided products by other companies in the course of her business. The FTC requires us to advise you to take this information into consideration when reading this posting.