Sewing Weekend at Nancy’s Notions, May 3-5, 2018
Celebrate the 34th annual Nancy’s Notions Sewing Weekend, May 3–5, 2018—in Beaver Dam, WI. What started as a grand opening in 1985 has grown into one of Wisconsin’s largest annual sewing events. This year’s events start Thursday, May 3rd, and run through Saturday, May 5th. FREE Admission and FREE Parking!
Join in on 24 seminars featuring top educators and designers
New! Sewing Weekend speakers include:
- Sara Gallegos
- Mike Johns
- Joi Mahon
Returning favorite speakers include:
- Eileen Roche
- Marti Michell
- Linda McGehee
- Pamela Leggett
- Mary Mulari
Find seminar details and class ticket pricing over at the Nancy’s Notions website.
Test-drive a Baby Lock Sewing Machine!
Hands-on classes are running throughout the weekend. While many are sold out, tickets for select days and times are available onsite at Nancy’s Notions Sewing Weekend. Find details and class pricing over at the Nancy’s Notions website.
- Tickets for Thursday’s evening event with Linda McGehee are available onsite at Nancy’s Notions Sewing Weekend. Note: A special evening event celebrating Eleanor Burns’ 40 years in the industry is sold out.
Company representatives from some of the top brands in the sewing industry are available at Sewing Weekend to answer questions and demonstrate products.
NEW! This Year: Food Trucks
- Food Trucks—7 food trucks/vendors will be part of the Sewing Weekend festivities this year. You won’t need to leave the event to travel to an off-site food location, unless you choose to do so. A seating area and tent will be near the food trucks. It’s a great way to enjoy a variety of choices plus support other Wisconsin-based businesses. Trucks and vendors participating include:
- Lisa’s Pizza (serving an array of pizzas and pasta)
- Mac’s BBQ (serving chicken sandwiches, pulled pork sandwiches, shredded beef sandwiches, jambalaya, coleslaw, potato salad, etc.)
- Cold Stone Creamery (serving various flavors of ice cream, of course)
- Curd Girl (serving their specialty fried cheese curds)
- Gouda Girls (serving specialty grilled cheese sandwiches)
- We Go Waffles (serving waffles that are both sweet and savory)
- Mobile Café Express (serving coffee as well as breakfast and lunch food options)
- Over 10,000 yards of fabric on sale; and more! Save up to 75% on select Clearance and Overstock items. New deals daily!
- Ride the FREE! shuttle buses to seminar locations.
- You can even check your packages while you’re attending seminars and workshops.
- You’ll find lots of inspiration! Scott Stanton, accounting and IT guru, sports one of his personalized ties. Yes, Scott made it himself. Every day of Sewing Weekend he wears a tie that he made.
- Look for the Quilt Expo Black & White Plus One Award-Winning Challenge Quilts at this year’s Sewing Weekend! And, pick up an entry form for the New! 2018 Quilt Expo Bake Off Quilt Challenge.
Join us in celebrating the 34th annual Sewing Weekend, May 3–5, 2018—at Nancy’s Notions in Beaver Dam, WI. What started as a grand opening in 1985, Sewing Weekend has grown into one of Wisconsin’s largest annual sewing events.
Remember the first Sewing Weekend?
Thank you to Nancy, for her vision in creating an annual event for us to gather and celebrate sewing. This year, we celebrate Nancy and her many contributions to the sewing world, her elegant style and gracious living. Did you attend the 1985 Grand Opening Event? For a chance to be the random winner of a Farmhouse Floral Fat Quarter Pack, please share a comment below.
Team Nancy Zieman
Nancy Zieman Productions, LLC.